had my unmentionables confiscated but thank heaven for bloc

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

altheus

Post by altheus »

They snatched me weed, but I was doing it under a light, so fair is fair. Security were exceptionally reasonable, but the deposits were a scam, £20 for a blanket, that was never there in the first place.
pauladaunt

Post by pauladaunt »

I'm really glad you got on with the security. Fabulous. I'm over the incident and quite happy some of you toned down the accusations. Wicked. Whatever the reasons they did it to me, I wasn't dealing with anything, I was dancing and having fun. It ws the first time in my life I had my belongings taken and it is not nice.

Thanks for changing the title of my post so I don't get people calling me names back, but here in my room I still call them the same names. They laughed at me. They shared what they got from me. I saw them doing it. I hope they had lots of fun with my stuff cos it was quality. I know they did.
imitationleather

Post by imitationleather »

Fortunately I was in one of the Club chalets (ooh la-de-da) and so didn't have to put up with all that elecricity meter nonsense, and it was warm enough that we didn't need to get blankets. I couldn't believe it when someone told me they had to put money in a meter or otherwise the fridge turned off!

On the down-side though it was so comfortable that my mates found it very difficult to leave the chalet and I spent lots of time raving by myself!
Luzian

Post by Luzian »

altheus wrote:but the deposits were a scam, £20 for a blanket, that was never there in the first place.
scam? i thought it was a security deposit in case we smash the chalet. we got our 80 quid back (4 people flat), so where's the problem?
imitationleather wrote:I couldn't believe it when someone told me they had to put money in a meter or otherwise the fridge turned off!
i spent £4 for our 4 head flat to keep the water warm and the beer cold for the entire weekend. that's 1 quid each, i couldn't care less.

compare the comfort of a heated flat, private bathroom, warm water, fridge, kitchen, TV, beds, blankets etc., with a sleeping bag in a tent out in a muddy camping field, queuing for portaloos etc. - that's what you get at most other festivals. don't expect a 5 star hotel included with this massive lineup for 105 quid...

no i wouldn't go to hemsby for holidays, but for a festival i consider it deluxe!

8)
keep it ninja
Whagwan

Post by Whagwan »

I swear that 50p of electric they gave you on the meter went down in about 1/5 of the time of a 50p you buy...

But apart from Pontins shameless profiteering absolutely massive weekend...
lazylion

Post by lazylion »

First off, I had a fine old time and offer big thanks to the bloc crew and the many talented people who set the event up, then kept it running and banging.

On the Saturday night I was warned that security were getting a bit tighter with people moving around between rooms and using the toilets. The warning came from a very sensible, happy and well mannered young lady...not exactly the type you would point to as potential trouble. She had her bag and clothing searched, then her 'rave goods' removed, which she said had been located around her "Muff" (her word, not mine).

Something special must have happened to trigger this sudden change in attitude towards us all. Perhaps it was to do with an overheard snippet of conversation a few hours earlier between a cleaner and a manager:

"if you find anymore in there, just don't touch them and call me immediately"

Well there is only one thing I can think of which would worry someone who cleans toilets for a living, and if its users showed up at my holiday camp...I don't know if I would not have done the same or actually been far more heavy handed. We don't need shit like that at a rave anyway, it just brings trouble.

Discretion is always the best way and I am sorry for those who where just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Peace, Love & Big Budz - Lazylion
Rajface

Post by Rajface »

Security were ace all weekend! They put up with alot of shit. I saw a number of twats being completely out of order and security letting them away with it. Staff were sound aswell we got checked in really quickly no hassle and checked out just as fast with our deposits. It's the people that reckon we were all there to cause havoc that let the team down. Yeah we were gonna get wasted and have a good time but remember there's another 1999 people there no need to be a twat. Just spoils the chances of another one next year. Big thanks to the security, staff, artists, promoters and all the sound munters I met over the weekend!
Listen to some tunes 'til I think of something better to put here www.myspace.com/rajtronics
katie

Post by katie »

drugs are illeagal. duh.
desta_muse

Re: totally

Post by desta_muse »

mikeyhatedblocy wrote:i agree, my bro was arrested early sat night taken to great yarmouth jail and was kept there untill the the party was over, the chalet was searched and things were taken, not impressed at all. Fuck the Bloc and fuck hickville fens inbred fuckers.
totally agree

Had my shit searched and i wasn't even present!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Friday no security on the way in then on Saturday BAM i'm getting a greeting from the Guys In Black as i come out the bog can you tell me WHY!!!!

i was on my own had my nose in a tissue whats the problem???
Danglefoot

Post by Danglefoot »

I was searched and had some weed confiscated in the early hours of sunday morning. Could have been, and usually is, a lot worse. Didn't have too much on me, and they let me go once i'd made my apologies.

Didn't really give the security guy much choice, seeing as i'd carelessly tried wandering in to smashbloc with a half smoked reefer in my hand.

Lesson learned, i put them in my pocket after that. Must have kept forgetting they were there though, as got to work monday morning and turned 4 out.
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

i was really impressed with the security. a bouncer caught me putting things in my mouth in the arcade bit, he didnt even search me, just told me to be "more subtle". but it sounds like i was lucky.
you will fry!
ya_dancer

Post by ya_dancer »

I thought the security were pretty decent and friendly all round apart from one incident when a friends weed got confiscated by some bull dog chewing a wasp. I think there was a general feeling that on saturday the security got a bit more suspicious and no-nonsense from a few folk I spoke to.
siliconchipped

Post by siliconchipped »

Hello all BLOC heads, first of all,thank u to the base logic boys for puttin there time and energy into making BLOC such a fantastic weekend and i really hope that u not only feel proud of yourselves but had as good a time as the majority of people there did.

However , even though i had no problems wi security, pehaps bcoz i am always slightly paranoid about them anyway,i do take it for granted that there is an amnisty between ravers and security at these kind of events, not sayin that its ok to take the piss and not be discreet but at the same time not callin the police and throwin people out.

I understand that this is not comparative to security in commersial night clubs and i also understand that its not a free party.Further more i trust your judgement in choosin this security but i also saw 2 of my best mates get thrown out for for really minor indiscretions both of whom were chilled out and loved up if perhaps a little messy and it was a real shame to loose these people bcoz lets face it, at the end of the day ,u r never going to stop these minor indiscretions and surely its better to have the security there for the more threatening of crimes and perhaps turn a blind eye to those really not doin any1 any harm... except , maybe , themselves! peace and love, mary motherboard xx 8)
DANCE YOU CUNTS!!!

Post by DANCE YOU CUNTS!!! »

my mate got got his shit taken...
but he was sticking something up his nose in the bassbloc while wearing a high viz jacket!
spose he had it comin really.
was a jolly good weekend at pontins tho! :twisted:
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

ahrkboob wrote:i was really impressed with the security. a bouncer caught me putting things in my mouth in the arcade bit, he didnt even search me, just told me to be "more subtle". but it sounds like i was lucky.

He probally let you go after that because its not illegal to be gay anymore......its ok! :lol: