4 in a row high fives!!!

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

james
Site Admin

Re: 4 in a row high fives!!!

Post by james »

hypercube_ wrote:Popped my cherry last year and bringing a total of 11 virgins with me this year!!
Good work! They're in for a treat.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

they are indeed :D
Das k k k took mein baby away
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

dublinstep wrote:I liked the pub in the hemsby butlins, call me old fashioned but I like a pub with windows!

And the other benefit with Hemsby was that it was smaller. Less people = more new friends.

But Minehead is class. The chalets are much nicer. The village is a place where you'd actually want to spend some time, decent pubs compared to MB's sports bar in Hemsby. That water adventure centre in the venue is just amazing. Best hangover/downer cure ever. This year I intend to spend as much time as possible in there.

4th Bloc for me too.
I would like to go to ATP some year, but it sells out very quickly, you have to be really organised with your mates, ready to get tickets as soon as they go on sale.
I've been to ATP at minehead. It's great but I found it a bit tame, lots of chin stroking and not much action. Seen some wicked acts though
soundcloud.com/agent808
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

all 4 for me! *pats himself on back*
you will fry!
Planta

Post by Planta »

Number four ya dun kno,

oh how beautiful the 1st year was, a cold weekend in Norfolk, pre-smoking ban, lovely =)
ya_dancer

Post by ya_dancer »

This is my 4th year in a row as well. How I do miss the first 2 though, proper amazing weekends. Last year, whilst not bad, was an easily forgettable experience for me. It lacked the intimacy and earthiness of the first two and IMHO the line-up was a bit too underwhelming and diluted given the festival's increase in capacity. Maybe I'm just getting a bit old and tired of doing the same thing, taking too many drugs and moaning about the lack of deep house/techno music on show and being envious of the younger ones enjoying listening to uk bass/dubstep music.

Still it has put a smile on my face knowing that Model 500 are playing live. And i'll be there armed with my buckfast to get me going come the start of the festival.......
Flowery Baps

Post by Flowery Baps »

4 in a row. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Agreed, thought Hemsby had more character (and the worlds greatest football arcade game!!).
But the craic still hangs outts Bloc regardless:)
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

Planta wrote:Number four ya dun kno,

oh how beautiful the 1st year was, a cold weekend in Norfolk, pre-smoking ban, lovely =)
it was great when we could smoke :) :beer:
soundcloud.com/agent808
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

anyone going down on the thursday night? could meet up for an old timers pint?
soundcloud.com/agent808
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

we're all headin on the thursday...that's a bloody great idea :beer:
Das k k k took mein baby away
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

nice one! arrange it nearer the time :beer: :beer:
soundcloud.com/agent808
dj_yt

Post by dj_yt »

Stranger Danger!

Hopefully they'll let me bring my axe this year.
dublinstep

Post by dublinstep »

I'm working on the Thursday so wont be arriving until Friday evening, I wish I had been able to take the extra day off. The venue (and Minehead itself) is so nice that four days would be good. All day Friday at the water centre sounds like a nice way to start the weekend. I'm jealous!
dublinstep

Post by dublinstep »

ya_dancer wrote:This is my 4th year in a row as well. How I do miss the first 2 though, proper amazing weekends. Last year, whilst not bad, was an easily forgettable experience for me. It lacked the intimacy and earthiness of the first two and IMHO the line-up was a bit too underwhelming and diluted given the festival's increase in capacity. Maybe I'm just getting a bit old and tired of doing the same thing, taking too many drugs and moaning about the lack of deep house/techno music on show and being envious of the younger ones enjoying listening to uk bass/dubstep music.
Thats what my friend who had been to 1, 2, and 3 was saying to me... he isnt going this year unfortunately, I feel like I've lost my sidekick. I really enjoyed last year, but in a different way to Bloc's 1 and 2. I had a lot of fun in the Water Centre and really enjoyed walking on the beach and going into Minehead village itself. Like yourself I'm getting a bit older and maybe not as hardcore/stay up forever as before... I'm going to try and take it a lot more chilled out, and see how that goes, I dont want to burn myself out, I enjoy going to music festivals, but obviously every year the 'crash' the week afterwards gets worse and worse (and St Patricks day has always been the week afterwards too... not good!), I need to take it easier or I'll get turned off the buzz!
lisaslag

Post by lisaslag »

Hey Guys, well i am very very jealous! I cant make it this yr. it would have been four in a row for me too. My sister is getting married the weekend after and that would just be too much of a strain on the ol brain and the wallet for that matter. So no pat on the back for me but just wanted to say have a great time guys. I'll be thinking of ye for sure...boo hoo... i actually can feel the tears!