missed flights due to coach delays

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

fenton

Re: missed flights thanks to the fucked coach schedule

Post by fenton »

Obel wrote:Mellow out, you're being very un-dude.
I'll tell that to the next person I see who's the victim of really poor organisation.
Obel

Post by Obel »

Thanks for doing your bit.
tudikas

Post by tudikas »

DAAAMN!!!

we got on the first coach to london and it was a breeze.!
tinylebowski

Re: missed flights thanks to the fucked coach schedule

Post by tinylebowski »

Obel wrote:Mellow out, you're being very un-dude.
you're right. i've calmed down a bit now.
facebox

Post by facebox »

We were supposed to get the 10am bus to London, but ours didn't end up leaving til 12.45.

Needless to say we missed our 4pm flight from Heathrow. The best Aer Lingus could offer us was £191 each.

We ended up having to get an overnight train to Holyhead, with multiple connections. Spend most of the night in Chester train station, then got the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin in the morning. Got home at 2pm Tuesday instead of 6pm on Moday.

Absolute nightmare, but I still had a feab weekend. Just means I've 2€ until next Thursday.
alexbk

Post by alexbk »

I had just enough time to catch my train at St.Pancras at 6pm - any additional delay and I'd miss it.

Dear Bloc, next time please:
- the buses should show up at the announced time
- all of the buses should show up at the same time, not one bus every 30 minutes
- the buses should be clearly marked as to which one goes where
bomberos

Post by bomberos »

Also had a flight booked from Heathrow for 6pm. I thought leaving 8 hours to get from minehead to london would be more than enough but still couldn't have make it since we had to wait for near three hours on the buses.

Appalling end to a brilliant weekend. Real credit due to all the work that went into a great weekend but the bus situation was taking the piss.
tinylebowski

Post by tinylebowski »

post deleted by author
Last edited by tinylebowski on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomas

Post by thomas »

Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles due to late coaches, but you could have avoided missing flights by sharing a car rental or booking your return flights for Tuesday.

I'm so glad the coach tickets sold out, since sharing a car rental turned out to be an easier, cheaper, and more comfortable way to get to BLOC.
boompty

Post by boompty »

I agree. We hired an MPV for the weekend (6 of us) and it worked wonderfully. no worries with setting off. We wnet when we were ready
tinylebowski

Post by tinylebowski »

well thanks a lot for these very constructive replies. really adds to the discussion.

perhaps it's hard to imagine, but some of us can't or don't want to hire a car for various reasons.
I-Real

Post by I-Real »

We (me and my 7 friends) missed the flight from london to bilbao.

The coach left Butlins at 11.00 AM instead of 10.00 AM. We made a stop in a petrol station, the coach driver knew that there were 2 pople missing...
The driver left the stop with 2 people missed and went to london, then the driver received a phone call, and he turned back to the petrol station to pick up the the 2 people left... One more hour of delay!!!

We missed the flight, we had to slept in london and took the first flight to bilbao on the next day...

It was a extra cost for us and one day missed at job.

I hope this will be better next year.
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

We can't apologise enough for this.

Loading so many more coaches this year took longer than expected and many of the drivers turned up late.

We will schedule all departures on Monday very tightly and also arrange drop offs and pick ups actually at airports. We will also publish a departure times which are more realistic.

Thanks so much for bearing with us, we're still learning about how to operate a new venue with a larger capacity.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves on the weekend though (we were thrilled) and once again, we promise that BLOC coach travel will be more efficiently run next year so no one incurs any added travel costs.

George BLOC
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

fenton wrote:OH BTW STOP PLAYING SO MUCH DUBSTEP
i like the dubstep...get over it!!
Das k k k took mein baby away
fenton

Post by fenton »

Warpiggy wrote:
fenton wrote:OH BTW STOP PLAYING SO MUCH DUBSTEP
i like the dubstep...get over it!!

Yeah it's all good except when it's on in 4 arenas and the next day every single techno dj you want to see clashes.

then i can't get over it.

schedule tbh