missed flights due to coach delays

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

tinylebowski

missed flights due to coach delays

Post by tinylebowski »

please, everyone who missed a flight because of the coach delays, post about it here.

I know there have been many blocheads who missed their flights as a result of the london coaches leaving up to 2 hours (maybe even longer?) later than planned.

Apparently the bus drivers weren't aware of much at all. To make things worse, the coach me and my friends were in made a stop halfway, probably because there was no toilet on board.

Now, I realize there must be many difficulties in arranging transport for a huge crowd but this was just ridiculous.

This cost us a 2nd plane ticket (about 50 euro each), and pretty much an extra day. Our flight was scheduled for 5pm and the next one was the next morning at 7am so we had to crash at stansted airport.

We were at the parking lot at 9.30, planning on leaving at 10 which should have meant being in london no later than 2pm so we would have roughly two and a half hours to get to stansted. Seems fair to me but i could be wrong.

BLOC, please take responsibility. Say something.
Last edited by tinylebowski on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Strye

Post by Strye »

Me and my friends had to pay 71 pounds each because we missed our flight by an hour. The coach was an hour and a half late plus it made a 45 min stop. It's a fun festival but these extra costs are making it impossible for me to go again, also I have no money to eat till the 22th..
Thanks a bunch.
Million

Post by Million »

Thank urself lucky, my car broke down, cost me 300 bars to put right, this wasnt my fault, just like the coach wasnt blocs fault, sure its a pure twat, but things we cant see comming, some times give us a right twat in the pocket no?
tinylebowski

Post by tinylebowski »

that's interesting. please explain how is it not BLOC's fault?

i bought a coach ticket and was promised exactly this:

london to minehead, 13 march, leaving at 1PM SHARP
minehead to london, 16 march, leaving at 10AM SHARP

in reality the bus left at 1:45 on the 13th and at 12:00 on the 16th.

now, we are all able to calculate whether there is plenty of time or not to catch a flight, no matter if there are slight delays here and there, but this was a mess of epic disaster, with no explanations nor apologies given.
Million

Post by Million »

tinylebowski wrote:that'ss interesting. please explain how is it not BLOC's fault?
dude i cant explain shit, what i am saying is sometimes things fuk up, albeit proper unfortunate for all involved, these guys aint magicians, i understand the pain of forking out more paper, which maybe could have been avoided, i feel for the pocket, maybe we could ave a forum wip 'round, i shall include myself in any funds raised
broken arm

Post by broken arm »

had the coach arrived and just didn't leave or did it only arrive on site 2 hours late?
tinylebowski

Post by tinylebowski »

broken arm wrote:had the coach arrived and just didn't leave or did it only arrive on site 2 hours late?
one london coach had arrived and the driver said he was leaving at 11. when we showed him the printed emails stating 10am, he was surprised and didn't have any idea.

so naturally we went to wait for the rest of the coaches, which we were informed should be arriving 'any minute now'.

When coaches did arrive, they were all for bristol or taunton or whatever and nobody really seemed to know what was going to happen, despite the staff obviously trying hard to make sense of it all. Staff and drivers were friendly and helpful, but that didn't make up for the gigantic delay.

In my opinion, when you state that buses will be leaving at 10 in the morning, you take into account traffic jams and whatnot and make sure the buses are on site early in the morning.
CyberMonkey

Post by CyberMonkey »

Damn dude, that sucks! I was very lucky to be on the right spot at the right time and I got on the first (and only?) bus to leave for London at 10:30. It was just standing there idly for 45 minutes and suddenly the driver opened the bus, it filled up in five minutes and we were off. No coach tickets checked or anything. I'm glad I got on that one because I would have missed my Eurostar train, which would have costed me a lot of money as well.
The driver seemed to be quite fed up with the situation as well. He didn't make a stop and went straight for London all the while looking quite stressed, made the trip in about 3.5 hours.

Anyway, that's a very big fuckup indeed. Really a shame to see everything organised so well and then seeing people losing half days and a lot of money because they counted on the coach to get them back.

Leaving from London didn't seem to be any problem though. I was quite early and got on one of the first coaches, got off with only like fifteen minutes delay. Everything was well organised there too with coach drivers taking care of the luggage and bloc people checking your ticket and filling up the coaches just right.
ya_dancer

Post by ya_dancer »

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like a disaster all round.

We left on monday morning at 10:30 and saw 2 full buses leaving. The queue looked massive, and I'm pretty relieived that we were driving.
broken arm

Post by broken arm »

that's a pisser alright.

It's a tough situation but if it was me I'd write a nice letter to Bloc exaplining the situation, providing evidence of your coach ticket, rebooked flights etc and see if there is anything they can do.

I'd imagine they'd need a few weeks to sort out anything anyway.
NemoX

Post by NemoX »

Me and my friends also missed our flights from Stansted Airport to Austria because of the delay in the bus transfer. Each of us 5 had to pay about 100 € more for the flight back.
chrisclarksda

Post by chrisclarksda »

Yea i missed my flight from Bristol to Glasgow at 14.20. The bus from Bloc to Bristol didnt leave until 10.55 and didnt arrive near to Bristol airport till 13.50. When i say near i mean a 10 minute power trek to the airport which consisted of us being dropped of at a round-a-bout just at dual carridge way. complete joke! Ended up being there for 14.00. Anyway as i went to check in at the airport desk with the rest of my mates who all managed to check in ok rite before me, the dude behind the desk said i was too late for boarding the flight altho i was like literally the next person in the que behind my mates. Absolute raging! If the Bloc buses had left at 10am as stated on the ticket i wouldnt have missed the flight and result in me being forced to buy a new flight at £35. Should have been back home in Glasgow for 17.00 yesterday instead it was 22.30. I will be writing a letter of complaint into Bloc about this and hope to be reimbursed with the extra costs for a flight. Still absolutly raging about this!
fenton

Post by fenton »

Due to the fact that I was disabled on crutches and everyone else being a pushy cunt, I didn't get on my coach to Bristol till about 1pm, when we were informed that the driver needed at 30 minute break.

This meant I got to bristol at about 3pm and missed my train back to London.

Also I had to get a taxi to my mates house [where I'd left my train tickets so I didn't lose em].

wasn't offered a refund by FGW, had to shell out £48 for a single home.

+ £12 for the taxi.

Basically I was there are 9:45 am and ready to get on a coach and it didn't happen and cost me loads of money.

Other than that it was great and etc.
fenton

Post by fenton »

OH BTW STOP PLAYING SO MUCH DUBSTEP
Obel

Re: missed flights thanks to the fucked coach schedule

Post by Obel »

Mellow out, you're being very un-dude.
tinylebowski wrote:please, everyone who missed a flight because of the coach delays, post about it here.

I know there have been many blocheads who missed their flights as a result of the london coaches leaving 2 hours later than planned.

Apparently the bus drivers weren't aware of much at all. To top it of, the coach made a STOP halfway, probably because there was no toilet on board.

Now, one could argue 'these things happen' but i'd like to make clear that i'm not going to let myself get fucked over like this just because i've got a massive hangover and can't be bothered anymore.

Another expensive flight ticket, 10+ hours waiting in a shitty airport and another day gone to waste.

BLOC, take responsibility NOW.