woohoo! new venue for Naarch!!

Say what you will.

Moderators: james, DannyBee, tom p

matthew slow

woohoo! new venue for Naarch!!

Post by matthew slow »

shame it looks like it's going to be rubbish...

Norwich's live music scene is set for a welcome boost with the opening of a new venue later this month.

The Wherry in Lawson Road, north city, has been transformed into the Shed and will feature regular live performances.

Colin Keatley, award-winning landlord of the Fat Cat in Nelson Street, Norwich, has masterminded the new pub venue, which will open on May 23.

In collaboration with Ryan Burnard, who ran the Banham Cider Shed for 10 years before it closed in January, he will be hoping for the same level of success which has turned the Fat Cat named Britain's best pub. The Shed will also have its own in-house brewery at the rear producing real ales and ciders to woo enthusiasts.

The team hopes to fill a gap in the city's music scene, which has struggled in recent years, by featuring regular performances by “good blues, jazz and folk artists”.

Some musicians have expressed concern that live music is in danger of dying out in Norwich amid stricter licensing laws and a dwindling number of venues.

Several music pubs have gone to the wall in recent years, including the Oval, Boswells and the Festival House.

The Shed, which will be run on similar lines as the old Banham Cider Shed, will have a permanent stage area and several local bands have already been booked, including Roadhouse, the Harvs, the Mellotones and Mooncoin, Paul Tinkler and Charlie and Gareth. Also set to appear are Spanish act Naked Savage, while there will also be regular blues and jazz jamming nights.
georgehull

Post by georgehull »

cwap
http/www.baselogic.net/ - dynamic audio assault from people who care
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

The fes house...........now theres something I havnt heard mentioned for a long time!
renzelkouten

Post by renzelkouten »

do ya think if all the people interested in havin a decent club in narcch all got together and we all stuck sum money in to b members we cud get a place and then put a lotta work in between us to sort it out, sumwhere like 5th avenue or even a bit out of the city

i kno it would have problems but we r in desperate need n the promoters, n djs are all out here
gabba, fighting flabba with kebaba

all fi whi i pi???
jonny jj winter

Post by jonny jj winter »

and friend and i looked into how much the rent is on kafe da.
its £800 a month, which isn't outragous, but its a massive committment.
it does have three floors all with bars, and a food license.
so still loads of potential

i rate kafe da highly, good position, pretty good place, it just needs some creativity to get it busy.
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

800 quid a month......damn thats pretty cheap, do you know if any living space is included as well?

I thought it was being converted into devils advocate 2 though?
Patch

Post by Patch »

Yeah - I thought about this a while ago - Old Kafe Da place would have been perfect but your right... its gonna be another Devils Advocate... Shame but they are looking for new dancers at the moment...

any port in a storm an all that.
I wish I could mix
renzelkouten

Post by renzelkouten »

more strip clubs? :twisted:
gabba, fighting flabba with kebaba

all fi whi i pi???