Easter Weekend.

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Easter Weekend.

Post by Hénrí »

Is there anything decent going down in Norwich for teh easter weekend, I want to visit home and need motivation to do so?
georgehull

Post by georgehull »

come to brighton :

http/www.baselogic.net/ - dynamic audio assault from people who care
Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Post by Hénrí »

Oooh that does look kinda rad!
The A.V.ologist

Post by The A.V.ologist »

This looks heavy but I'm not to happy with Nathan (Electro Elvis) from Wang as he didn't pay us the money he promised for the last Wang we did visuals at.

I love Wang, just lost my faith in the promoters.

The "people who care" my left buttock cheek.
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

Do you need a reason to get you motivated? surely just the thought of norwich make you want to jump on the train back home (thats kinda half sarcasm, half truth)

Anyway im back for a week or maybe 2 around that time as im sure quite a few other people will be so it should be a good time.......

Happy birthday for friday as well :happy: :)

ps check ya pm
georgehull

Post by georgehull »

The A.V.ologist wrote:This looks heavy but I'm not to happy with Nathan (Electro Elvis) from Wang as he didn't pay us the money he promised for the last Wang we did visuals at.

I love Wang, just lost my faith in the promoters.

The "people who care" my left buttock cheek.

Whilst its a shame that happened, you've got to remember that wang is always quite a chaotic affair and lou & nathan hardly make any money doing it -- over 4 years, me and my friends have played at wang dozens of times and helped set up/clear up more times than i can remember.
At the end of the night we don't stand there with cupped hands waiting for our wages, ITS A PARTY.

When they L&N make a load of money (which actually happens very rarely), they sort people out, and its great when 50 quid gets thrown your way. If you want it done any way other than that, you should go to fabric or the ministry or something where everyone else is getting mugged with stupid beer and door prices.

Massive artists take pay cuts and countless people have helped out in running wang for very little financial reward over the years - Nathan the most of all, so don't fret too much about it - it happens to the best of us.
Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Post by Hénrí »

Well what ever happens I'm up for partying in Narch.

Sam... PM'd you back.
The A.V.ologist

Post by The A.V.ologist »

"At the end of the night we don't stand there with cupped hands waiting for our wages, ITS A PARTY. "

I know what you're trying to say but your comments have annoyed me slightly.

I don't expect much money when their isn't any being made, however you can't use the void of organisation as an excuse for a lack of human decency.

We were doing Wang a favour by performing basically for free, all we asked for and indeed promised was costs. This money was supposed to be paid to one of our VJ crew who had to travel all the way from Bristol to bring equipment that was requested by the organisers.

However, this is not about the money. In this industry and culture all we have is each other to depend on and this behaviour reflects a lack of respect for the hard work people put in. If that is missing than the underground society that we have built up means nothing and the party becomes a selfish institution for those who have manifested control for themselves.

To be honest I am more saddened than angry.
georgehull

Post by georgehull »

i'm sorry to hear that dude, and you're right, the last thing you need is a performance actually costing you money...

just ask for some dough at the next party, L&N are good people - i'm sure they'll be quite happy to cough up

peace!
bensonbenson

Post by bensonbenson »

The A.V.ologist wrote:"At the end of the night we don't stand there with cupped hands waiting for our wages, ITS A PARTY. "

I know what you're trying to say but your comments have annoyed me slightly.

I don't expect much money when their isn't any being made, however you can't use the void of organisation as an excuse for a lack of human decency.

We were doing Wang a favour by performing basically for free, all we asked for and indeed promised was costs. This money was supposed to be paid to one of our VJ crew who had to travel all the way from Bristol to bring equipment that was requested by the organisers.

However, this is not about the money. In this industry and culture all we have is each other to depend on and this behaviour reflects a lack of respect for the hard work people put in. If that is missing than the underground society that we have built up means nothing and the party becomes a selfish institution for those who have manifested control for themselves.

To be honest I am more saddened than angry.
I understand in my mind what you're endeavouring to make me know, but somehow I think I'm a bit sad.

The void of organisation that leaves a melting rotten corpse of that thing my far-seeing visual vector friends and I shamefacedly dare call decency, is nothing save tantamount to DVD apartheid. I obscenity in the projectors of their mothers. Humans are decent. Visuals are sublime. KNOW ME.

I'm a cunt, and I was doing Wang a favour just by being there. Let alone dragging in a load of fucking boring shit to spray up on the wall, like so much piss. One of our visual brothers had to pay a one legged rickshaw pilot to drag him all the way from birmingham, and back again when he got weepy and tired. Paragraph fourteen, subsection twelve, nanodot fifty two in our wang contract specifically covered us for use of a rickshaw driver with up to and including TWO legs. Still, when he asked for payment he was offered a wet rizla, which he declined.

To be perfectly frank, this institution manifests control for the people who touch the people who control the equipment which is turned in upon itselves for the purpose of the organisation of the organisers who request that bristol come in a car for the purposes of consolidating control. This is unsound thinking, which manifests itself in people not being paid come from bristol.

I'm a bit angry. And sad.
molotovsystem

Re: Easter Weekend.

Post by molotovsystem »

Hénrí wrote:Is there anything decent going down in Norwich for teh easter weekend, I want to visit home and need motivation to do so?
yes, a big fuck off rave but you didn't hear it from me

http://www.molotovsystem.org.uk for more hype
Jonny Megabyte

Post by Jonny Megabyte »

Anyone heard about this party at an "old nightclub" tonight in Norwich?

My mate saw the 5-0 leaving the said building yesterday...this ain't good!
Jonny Megabyte

Post by Jonny Megabyte »

Jonny Megabyte wrote:Anyone heard about this party at an "old nightclub" tonight in Norwich?

My mate saw the 5-0 leaving the said building yesterday...this ain't good!
Yep...Kerry @ Bounce just told me... Police are on it...new venue methinks!
renzelkouten

Post by renzelkouten »

seemed like too many peeps knew the venue too long before the party eh
gabba, fighting flabba with kebaba

all fi whi i pi???