BLOC 2 - the revenge....

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

Moer

Post by Moer »

Aphex Twin, Arpanet, Claro Intelecto, Future Sound Of London, Luke Vibert, Dynamix II, Scorn
I believe in everything until it's disproved. It all exists, even if it's in your mind - John Lennon
ya_dancer

Post by ya_dancer »

BLOCwknd wrote:keep 'em coming... we're taking notes! we're particularly into people with good live shows.

Remember how much fun DMX, Micheal forshaw, wevie stonder, cursor miner and of course tim exile (and his cock) were on stage?

Whose going to get on the mic and perform? Bring on the showmen...

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not particularly interested in being entertained by gimmicks and jokers (I thought we had an abundance of that with 2500 of us bloc nutheads being there in the first place :lol: ). Don't get me wrong, I think humour has its place in music, especially in live music. Ahh I dunno, I just like darkness and pain I tell you. Darkness and pain!!!

Perhaps I'm just too much of a boring purist when it comes to music....
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

dublinstep wrote:Hey, I met those two girls rian and charlotte on saturday night!! Welsh maybe? They were really nice - I think they were a bit freaked out at first. But at that stage of the night I was still coherent enough to work out they were sisters.

Tell them I said hello. That was me in the blonde wig dressed as a woman. Yeah - Bloc 2 roll on. Part of me wants to get the fuck out of Ireland and far away but I also hope I am around for next year.
yo dublinstep, that is Rhian and Charlotte, they're from Bristol (not too far off i guess?) but live in London now. I will pass on your regards..

cheers dood :)
toni101

Post by toni101 »

I think we need live acts (shows) that satisfies even the eye and humour, but live without shows are definately appreciated more for the outcome from the speakers...

so there must be a complete balance

I would orgasmusic meself if we had screen visuals, especially with an autechre set ;p

and another live show act whatever... JAMIE LIDELL!!!
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

BLOCwknd Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keep 'em coming... we're taking notes! we're particularly into people with good live shows.

Remember how much fun DMX, Micheal forshaw, wevie stonder, cursor miner and of course tim exile (and his cock) were on stage?

Well this has been the first time ive been able to drag myself back to the forum since bloc and may i first say to the bloc team, thankyou. bloc was absolutly spot on, eveything was perfect. and to all the haters out there your welcome to your opinion but just to let you know, your wrong. Oh so wrong, so please shut up now and leave this forum to people who know how to enjoy themselves.
Cant wait for next year any ideas if its going to be at pontins again? quite handy being just down the road! I thought TTC were damn fun maybe a live collaboration with modeselektor next year that alone would buy my ticket! or just modeselektor on thier own would do it!
so write that down and i'l see you next year. peace
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
dublinstep

Post by dublinstep »

I cant remember if I said this or not already but if I'm still around these islands next year (hopefully not) I'd be more than happy to promote the Bloc in Ireland by distributing flyers, putting up posters, etc.

Fuck - there was so many of us this year, that BMI would probably put on an extra plane to Norwich over on the Friday and home on the Monday, if we asked them nicely. Maybe.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Lewis wrote:I thought TTC were damn fun maybe a live collaboration with modeselektor next year that alone would buy my ticket! or just modeselektor on thier own would do it!
Modeselektor absolutely killed it last year at Glade. Everyone went nuts when Kill Bill Vol. 4 dropped whilst one of them unleashed that huge flag with their monkey logo on it. He then marched up and down infront of the stage whilst the track played.

Some really neat suggestions so far in this thread, I want another festival already damnit.
DANCE YOU CUNTS!!!

Post by DANCE YOU CUNTS!!! »

amon tobin
asian dub foundation
fingathing
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

another couple of folk i'd like to see (forgot to mention them at the top of the thread)... Vitalic, Booka Shade and how about my mate Dr Mark 8)
nettie g

Post by nettie g »

yes i would defo like to see dr mark in action!! :lol:
septimus

Post by septimus »

ya_dancer wrote:
BLOCwknd wrote:keep 'em coming... we're taking notes! we're particularly into people with good live shows.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm not particularly interested in being entertained by gimmicks and jokers (I thought we had an abundance of that with 2500 of us bloc nutheads being there in the first place :lol: ). Don't get me wrong, I think humour has its place in music, especially in live music. Ahh I dunno, I just like darkness and pain I tell you. Darkness and pain!!!

Perhaps I'm just too much of a boring purist when it comes to music....

too many men behind laptops scare off the girls!
matdd

Post by matdd »

for a really amazing live act how about 'the incredible beatbox band' from japan, absolutely incredible live.

and a few more;
mark broom
baby ford
a guy called gerald
dj craze

what about women behind laptops/decks? do they scare the girls off too? mary anne hobbs and andrea parker weren't particularly conversant but played some great tunes.....
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

lusinda was in effect as well don't forget...

who likes Gayle San??
Sho'Nuff

Post by Sho'Nuff »

Cylobs new live sets are ace!
Check it out here http://www.durftal.com/music/cylob/bf/
Am I the meanest?
Am I the prettiest?
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

oh yeah also forgot ENDUSER and KID606!