BLOC WEEKEND WAS FANTASTIC

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

mossadon

Post by mossadon »

Big up to everyone in the BLOC organisation and all involved !!!
what a supa dope weekend !!!

The good:
KRONOS DEVICE best live electro act of the weekend ! Knocked my fuckin sox clean off & into Alpha Centuri ! Big up Bass Junkie & Dexorcist !!!
DMX KREW a close second for the nicest man in the electro business.
NEWCLEUS Not the smoothest starts as they had a few sound probs and the engineer coulda done a hella lot better dialing them in ! A legendary band like this and the sound failed them ! Still, i loved the set coz i love them.(but it did give me chance to catch eDMX)
MICHAEL FORSHAW. What a fuckin crazy bastard ! LOVED his set and his mic antics !!! Conscider me a new convert ! I'm gona hook you up gig with Man Parrish, Michael ! =D
AUX88 Ya know why they get the props they do, coz they ROCK...but shoutin "How ya doin LONDON ?!!" all the time ? I wonder if they heard Forshaw's reaction ? =D
THE ADVENT. Removed the air from my lungs !!!!! BOOM ! Wish it'd been a more Electro set rather than 4 to the floor but what the heck, it rocked !

The security were THE BEST i've ever come accross at any event. they deserve a medal each for their conduct and demeanor !!! They seemed to be having as much fun as everyone else most of the time, without neglecting their duties ! Well done peeps.

My only gripes:
The bar scenario ! How fuckin long to get served ?!
The decor / lighting. coulda been WAY better and lots more of it.
Why couldn't I buy a T shirt that said BLOCHEAD ?
thats it, everything else was just MUSTARD !

Thanks to Kinder for the lift and Keiren/chia/john for the ticket !!!
ME LOVE YOU LOOOONG TIME !!

Now, who can tell me who the Lady In White was ? Long white curly locks, drop dead gorgious and looking like an angel watching over Kronos Device as they played ?! She nearly killed my vibe for KD with those looks !!! =D

Til next year:
electroempire.com salutes BLOC !!!
*places right fist in open left palm and bows*
Olivia: That's quite a tie.
Lovecraft: Oh, thanks.
Olivia: Put up much of a fight?
Lovecraft: No, I snook up behind it.
stormfield

Post by stormfield »

had a wicked time overall... bigup Bloc! health's suffering badly this week though :shock:

autechre and clark = lethal
lisaslag

Post by lisaslag »

had a fantastic weekend altogether. thanks a million to everyone. security was great. really friendly and helpful. met some really sound characters.buckfast teeshirt guy,back-face, a group of mad sound lads from brighton and of course heard some fantastic music. i will surely be back next year for more shenanigans!!!! thanks again
drudles

Post by drudles »

Fuckin savage weekend!!! Came over from Dublin and it was most certainly worth the trip, the maddest 3 days I ever done had.

Highlights:

Neil Landstrumm - what a cracker of a set, really blew me away
DMX Krew - as above, some real quality electro
Michael Forshaw - mad bastard, fuckin wicked music (did anyone see Billy Nasty throwing a wobbler as Forshaw played over time... he shouldn't have bothered playing, took it down alot after Forshaw)
Luke Slater - not always into his sets, but he was surprisingly good this time
Luke's Anger - knew alot of the tunes, just didn't know they by him. Quality stuff
Jerome Hill - savage as always. I thought he wasn't quite up to his usual standard, but he still never fails to impress.

Missed Surgeon cuz of the hour going forward :(
Missed Autechre cuz the times were fucked... although the same could be said about me at the time :lsd:

Big up ya Bloc Weekend. Fantastic weekend. Everyone I met was sound as a euro. Peace!
adsr

Post by adsr »

Couldn't of asked for a better mix of friends and music....
I smiled and laughed so much my face hurts...

perfection...I'm ready for next years!!...
do it again, guys!!...

THANK YOU FOR THIS YEAR!!..
YOUR HARD WORK IS WELL APPRECIATED!!...
add (n) to hEdFu[ ]Q

Post by add (n) to hEdFu[ ]Q »

:twisted: bloc is easily the best festival i ever went to

wicked line-up, most friendly english people (and all round the world) - never had any problems with anything/anybody
tightly organised, not too much people so the place never got overrun

saw some great acts:
tim exile (wicked), µ-ziq, clark, universal indicator (a shame though it overlapped autechre totally), neil landstrumm, kronos device, michael forshaws live set (w/ monox), surgeon, tech itch, black sun empire, dead silence syndicate... all blew me away

for my personal taste too many gayish rock bands and way too little ninja tune/solid steel kinda stuff

also next year an extra (dark) jungle/breakcore/HC/teknival-pit? so we can keep things goin' between 6am and 15pm
:twisted: that's belgian mentality fo' ya

maybe it took a wee too long for me to get a beer from the tap
but hey, i've learned to value those full pints 8)
tUrN oN, tUnE iN, dRoP bAsS

666% eklekno
moocow

Post by moocow »

Big up Bloc for an excellent festival - I'm so ill now though
Jonny Megabyte

Post by Jonny Megabyte »

Yeah bwoy! Had a wicked time...
great sets, great friends, great times!

Particularly enjoyed:

CUTLASS SUPREME and the rest of the 4am Satuarday booty mafia.
AUX88
KRONOS DEVICE
DMX KREW
MICHAEL FORSHAW
and RADIOACTIVEMAN who blew the house down with the final set of Bloc.
Sho'Nuff

Post by Sho'Nuff »

Excellent weekend, the post bloc blues have well and truely kicked in though now. Here's to next year, hurry up :D
Am I the meanest?
Am I the prettiest?
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

I agree. post bloc blues are kickin in hard!i haven't kept food down in 2 days! it's at times like these you have to wonder, is it worth it??
OF COURSE IT IS!!!!
big shout to everybody involved! until next year (if i survive this fried body/soul!)
Das k k k took mein baby away
dublinstep

Post by dublinstep »

I wasnt keeping any food down on Monday. Its a shit buzz.

But now I'm just bored & lonely cos I'm back sitting working on my own again. I miss that festival atmosphere of talking to randomers. Being abroad also makes it better - people dont instantly judge you on your accent, because they dont know where its from.

Hence my flurry of posts over the last couple of days.
grobelaar

Post by grobelaar »

Yeah massive, massive nice one to everyone who made it possible - fucking stellar line-up... probably didn't see nearly enough of what I wanted which is pretty rare for a festival - usually a case of dodging the shit to catch the few things you like - but that's what you get for liking music that everyone hates...

Can't wait for next year, in fact I wish there was another one next month, alas...
cider-lout

Post by cider-lout »

defs couldn't do it next month! but will be back for it next year!! i'll make more of an effort next time not to get soooooo wasted so i might actually take in more of the music rather than bein a mooncat!!

Fair play boys on a job well done!!
Gimme a Hell Yeah!!
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

Massive thanks to the BLOC Krew. that was fekin awesome!!
hutchy

Post by hutchy »

BLOC rocked my socks... AMAZING weekend!!! Big up to the crew that organized the whole thing, very few complaints, especially for something that was in its first year!

So I think BLOC was enuff to whet my apptettite for the whole festival season... C'MON TO FUCK GLADE!!!!