Leafcutter John LIVE@Spencers 26th Feb

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

Chalet Ed

Leafcutter John LIVE@Spencers 26th Feb

Post by Chalet Ed »

Right then - I believe a shameless plug is in order.....

Chalet records presents

Leafcutter John (Planet-mu records)
Shigeto Wada
Mathew Barwick

Plus Electronica Night Dj's + Visuals by Obsolete

Thursday 26th Feb 2004 @ Spencers (formerly The Bank), 57 Prince of Wales Road
20.00>>01.00
Tax £4.00

It should be a good night. I've seen Leafcutter before and he was very entertaining. Recently I've heard stories of him miking up his breasts and playing his nipples like some kind of human instrument. Shigeto Wada is the guy who plays in Hyper Kinako - a very fine Norwich band. He'll be bopping down with his laptop and midi box to entertain the masses. The final guy - Matt Barwick - is someone who contacted me after the Team Doyobi gig and handed me a demo. We liked it so now he's playing!!
Plus they'll be all the usual shenanigans from the EN guys and luscious super 8 film by obsolete.

See you all there!

Chalet Ed
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Good to have you onboard man.
Can't wait for the next show - it will be a good un'.
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

Yeah, Have been looking forward to the next chalet night and its nearly here!
leafcutter john should be an awesome trip,but i am quite interested to see shigeto wada and matt barwick........

got my £4 tax all ready and waiting.
see you there
L
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

Shigeto Wada's a genius.....he makes his own equipment and writes his own programs to create his music. He's part of a crew (including Hoofus who played at the team gig) who are all doing a phd down at UEA.

I've only heard Matt Barwick's demo but it's really good - heavilly influenced by Warp. Plus his mate is doing some visuals for the set.

Only 24 hours to go!

Chalet Ed

Exclusive to the Uncollected Forum :wink:
Future Chalet gigs:

Monday 29th March: Dat Politics, Kevin Blechdom + Local Support
Tuesday 20th April (date tbc): Kettel + Local support

more details to follow soon
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
Kenny
Site Admin

Post by Kenny »

Nice one, i haven't had the net recently so have only just been able to keep up to date with forum goings on.

Looking forward to Leafcutter, give us a shout if you need anyone as support acts, we'll have our live set sorted soonish.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hey - nice one for last night.

I enjoyed myself and John put on a great show tweaking his nipples and showing us the faster side of Aqua - Barbie girl. At lightning speed it provides food for thought as to how much other pop would be improved by upping the pitch by, a lot. Creating a track from random noises whilst some guy was chirping into the microphone on top of one of your laptops whilst he makes a cigarette for you was all pretty impressive aswell; good work John.

Comedy on the night was was provided by the screaming heckle from the drunk girl for basslines and heavy shit, with the retort from John being that maybe the Ritz style venues would be more suitable for her. :roll:

Had a lil mashup in the dark at the end of the night, which tied things up very well.

Did someone say something about gabba?
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

oh yeah......another good night, not as good turn out as last time but fun was had all the same.....i enjoyed mr.leafcutter, and it was good to see everyone get a bit more livlier when the music got a bit more faster and rhythmic later in his set.

that girl shouting "wheres the bassline" was one of lews ex-workmates i think, i think she was quite fucked :)

once again....some gabber at the end was the icing on the cake to top off a good night........GABBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAA :twisted:
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

Hello all,

Cheers for the support - was a good night i do believe. The turnout wasn't as great as we'd hoped but there's not much you can do when there's a force 10 blizzard outside. I think people were a bit dubious of leafcutters set at first but he managed to win them round with his charm and wit!

I'll be updating the website soon so email me all the details of future gigs - espcially the April extravaganza! - and i'll put them on.

Anyone up for organising a gabba night? :D

chalet on

Chalet Ed
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
setwin

Post by setwin »

hats off Ed. great show last night. really like the visuals and the venue, will definatly be making the trip up to Norwich again in the near future. keep up the excellent werk.

Definaltely up for a GABBA night!
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

lew wrote:got my £4 tax all ready and waiting.
see you there
L
hahah, nice one lew.......you didnt even manage to wake up in time?

YES........it would be great to see a decent gabber night.........ill be there with bells on :dancing: ........music that spreads love and happiness :rockout:
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

setwin wrote:hats off Ed. great show last night. really like the visuals and the venue, will definatly be making the trip up to Norwich again in the near future. keep up the excellent werk.

Definaltely up for a GABBA night!
Good to see you man, hope the drive back wasn't too bad.
MikeTheBarber wrote:hahah, nice one lew.......you didnt even manage to wake up in time?
Ahahah.

Gabba night would be great - we need to track down the elusive 'gabba sam' as he is all that is gabba.

MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

damn, where did you get my photo from?.......i thought id destroyed all the copies........did my mum give it to you?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yeah you were always proud of your 3,584 gabba cd collection.
The gabba meter isn't quite full when that photo was taken though.

Just not enough gabba!