Visuals/Projections - any advice?

Say what you will.

Moderators: james, DannyBee, tom p

Tom

Visuals/Projections - any advice?

Post by Tom »

Hi all

I'm trying to locate a good programme that can help us do some (relatively) basic dvd/visual projections for a forthcoming night...

Does anyone know of some good programmes that would be worth checking out?

Any help much appreciated, cheers!

Tom
mute

Post by mute »

The A.V.ologist

Post by The A.V.ologist »

What sort of thing are you after? Have you got your own pre-made visuals that you want to project or do you want a programme that generates them for you?

If you just want some psychadelic visuals that go with the music, you could download the free winamp visual plug-in R4.

The freeware version has an annoying R4 logo at the bottom which can be gotton rid of simply by putting a bit of duck tape across the bottom of your projector lens.

Let me know if you're looking for something different as I should be able to offer some half-useful advice.
Tom

Post by Tom »

The A.V.ologist wrote:What sort of thing are you after? Have you got your own pre-made visuals that you want to project or do you want a programme that generates them for you?

If you just want some psychadelic visuals that go with the music, you could download the free winamp visual plug-in R4.

The freeware version has an annoying R4 logo at the bottom which can be gotton rid of simply by putting a bit of duck tape across the bottom of your projector lens.

Let me know if you're looking for something different as I should be able to offer some half-useful advice.

Hi - cheers for the advice

We've got a selection of our own graphics and visuals which we'd be looking to use, some extracted from DVD and some other graphics and video/movie files.

We're completely new to visual projections to be honest but something to do basic projection loops would be a start, and i guess something that's relatively easy to get on with, given that we've got limited/no experience!

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated, cheers!
Totem

Post by Totem »

Tom, I have a friend who does a great live vj show and he does it at a very good price. Failing that he might be able to give you some advice.

I can ask him to contact you via email if you'd like?