who do you want to see play in norwich

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

bensonbenson

Post by bensonbenson »

I'd like to see team doyobi - pm me if you're interested greg I have a contact who can get them for six hundred quid.
Tom

Post by Tom »

How about some quality minimal/tech/acid house - there's been a few electro names up in the past but little of that stuff

Steve Bug, John Tejada, vector lovers or others maybe

Otherwise Tipper would be great - doesn't seem to play out too much though?
georgehull

Post by georgehull »

we'd love to do the minimal house/techno stuff, been wanting to get ritche hawtin or ricardo villalobos or someone from bpitch control or soma or kompakt/perlon/playhouse but reckon no one would be into it and we'd have an empty club. probably going to stick to filthy rave music which is generally a safer bet... the watefront won't let us book anyone from the drumandbass scene which is a shame cos drum&bass is great.

cheers for all your suggestions, we've booked a couple of people from this helpful thread for June 9th, free entry to the people who chose 'em
cheers!
http/www.baselogic.net/ - dynamic audio assault from people who care
furthur

Post by furthur »

Zilla - going to blow up something rotton, after his peerless mix for warp records dvd, his own grinted teeth mix sold out it's in initial pressing in weeks, he has a couple of eps coming out on Girl Records soon and he's just remixed Test-Icicles in his own smashed up gabba/crunk/electro style.

Unique 3 - the originator, back again and riding high, huge remix competition with bleep at the moment has raised his profile to new heights, with a new album on the way, expect big things.

John Power - yeah, errr me, i'm super skilled

London Electrics Showcases (www.londonelectrics.co.uk) etc etc

there's a few others i can mail you all the details if you want, we're just in talks to start handling a few othewr big continental names but i cant say too much right noow in public.

furthur

Post by furthur »

furthur to the above team doyobi comment, we're looking at putting them on in may at the poke, it's a long way from japan for one gig so there'll be looking for more around that time.
georgehull

Post by georgehull »

do you live in norwich?
http/www.baselogic.net/ - dynamic audio assault from people who care
bensonbenson

Post by bensonbenson »

team doybi only really play when they can be guaranteed a harp accompaniment from Paul McCartney - and this pushes the whole set price up above and beyond fourteen thousand, sterling. That would mean a ticket price of fifty quid.

I really want to see Team D catch a Norwich hello, does anyone have any contacts inside the McCartnei camp? Let's chat that veggi cunt down some. Perhaps we could knock a harp up, with a spoon and some spit?
harrywiles

Post by harrywiles »

if only the red foreskin orchestra actually existed...
jonny jj winter

Post by jonny jj winter »

here George, i'll happily pay an extra quid on the ticket price if you get Debasser down to play aswell..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx