Slow at Norwich Arts Centre 6/8/04

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

matthew slow

Slow at Norwich Arts Centre 6/8/04

Post by matthew slow »

This is our next event, party people. The line-up in the bar is as 'c' as 'tbc' will allow at the moment, but we don't expect it to change (there may be additions):

hear! ASCOLTARE (dubbel/tripel records) and ACCELRA flying in from Cambridge for the occasion. Norfolk represent! BRACT and MATTHEW BARWICK from as far afield as Aylsham and the golden triangle, though not in that order.

see! STEVE'S EVIL TWIN (charlie don't surf) sharing the winged chariot ride up from out of the county, with further visual interference from agents unknown.

this is our unofficial warm-up for the night's main event - nothing to do with us but how cool is this one ravers......

ALTERN 8 are at LockStock after the Arts Centre tucks itself in for the night.

more news blah blah blah www.slowmagazine.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Nice job Sir, will be there for sure.

I recently received a letter from the Art Centre asking me for a donation to help their up and coming refurbishment. They are apparently planning to redecorate the entire place, beef up the sound system and basically make it a better venue for all. Sounds good!
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

yeah,that sounds like a good idea by the art centre,any clue to the amount of money they are looking to collect? surely a lottery grant or something similar would be better. hopefully will get the time off work. heard rumlours of another wang party that weekend too, so it could prove to be a nice lil warm up.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Updated listings for event:

FRIDAY AUGUST 6: WOMBAT WOMBAT'S BIG AV FEAST #2
at NORWICH ARTS CENTRE

in the bar: SLOW presents Norwich v Cambridge

sound by:

ASCOLTARE
www.tripelrecords.com
www.bad-timing.co.uk
ACCELRA
www.loudlepermusic.net
BRACT
www.mqprojects.co.uk
THE SOCIAL ACTORS
visuals by:

STEVE'S EVIL TWIN
www.charliedontsurf.info
THE SOCIAL ACTORS
WOMBAT WOMBAT in the auditorium with:
NEILS CHILDREN, LE TETSUO, THE FLICKS (tba).
back projections by Norwich School of Art and Design Visual Studies students
www.wombatwombat.co.uk

doors 7.30pm, £4 advance, £5 door, box office 01603 660352
www.norwichartscentre.co.uk
setwin

Post by setwin »

cheers matt for an excellent night, really enjoyed myself as did gav. really sorry for drunkenness and antics hope we didn't offend anyone. really did have an excellent time. will definately cut down on the drinking for futher events if you'll have me back. thank you again for asking us to play and putting up with us, it was an excellent night.

did any one get pictures, video, audio of the gig???
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
matthew slow

Post by matthew slow »

alright Tobe! I have some blurry pix of the event on my phone, but as I've only just got the thing I haven't worked out the tricknology needed to get them into my computer yet (and it dint come with a lead).

never apologise for drunken behaviour, especially when it can be excused as performance art. We have the you and gav show in mind for our next event, but I'll speak to you about that later. Thanks for your help in bringing the Cambridge laptop massive to town, much appreciated!

thanks to everyone that came along, sorry it was so hot in there. I blame nature.
setwin

Post by setwin »

matt,
cheers, we had a great time. gav says it was the most fun he's ever had playin a gig. we'll do it when ever you want, funerals, wedding receptions, childrens birthday parties are a speciality.

really had an excellent time. thanks again.
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
matthew slow

Post by matthew slow »

yes, please come and play at my funeral. black boiler suits, mind - nothing inapproriate.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

matthew slow wrote:thanks to everyone that came along, sorry it was so hot in there. I blame nature.
Had a good time, thanks for putting it on. Nice to be able to dive between the two rooms of live bands on stage and electro thrills in the café bar. You're right about the temperature, it did seem to exceed sauna levels in there as the night went on, but we can't complain about good weather, especially with the current monsoon.

Impressed with the Camb laptop crew, nice sounding stuff and the visuals were top notch with the huuuuge white backdrop.

What plans are next for Slow Mag?
matthew slow

Post by matthew slow »

hey don't get me wrong I am a fan of weather in all its glory, whatever the texture - we like a drop of rain, we like a spot of sunshine.

next for Slow (as previously mentioned elsewhere) is knifey knifey chop chop in October, the date of which is STILL tbc. I would like to see the Accelra as support for that one so fingers crossed we can get it in the diary. Then we have another Arts Centre AV thing starring RandomNumber in full not-often-seen audio/visual revue. This is 5th November when it will be dark enough too see the fillums for once!

Slow writings may also be appearing in other magazines, so keep 'em peeled if any of you have actually read the magazine and enjoyed it.

also opening our New York office for true trans-atlantic self-importance. No really!