Favourite Bloc Sets?

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

ringing_ears

Post by ringing_ears »

Rebel Intelligence def need a mention (they filled in for Metro Area on Sunday night)
treepr0g

Post by treepr0g »

Yes they blew the place apart, seemed to be loads of obscure 80s stuff and when they dropped Hashim - Al Naafiysh and then Cybotron - Clear it was incredible. Never thought I'd hear those tracks in a club again...
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

no way i thought that was metro area. awesome set that!
dufu

Post by dufu »

DMX Krew
I-F
Rebel Intelligence
Egyptian Lover
Alexander Robotnick
Frequencey 7
Jamie Lidell

...I expected a lot more from Afrika Bambaataa...he was one of the reasons I came to bloc and was really disapponted by him.
FFT

Post by FFT »

Had the time of my life during Ed Rush and Optical.

More dnb for the future?
Stussy73

Post by Stussy73 »

treepr0g wrote:Yes they blew the place apart, seemed to be loads of obscure 80s stuff and when they dropped Hashim - Al Naafiysh and then Cybotron - Clear it was incredible. Never thought I'd hear those tracks in a club again...
I first heard these when I was 14, have heard them sporadically ever since, and never known what they were. You just made my night (as much as Agent 2's set did at Bloc :-) niiiiiice one!
treepr0g

Post by treepr0g »

You're welcome, I was the same age and used to breakdance to them... Look out for copies of streetsounds electro LPs, Hashim is on vol 2 and they're both on crucial electro 1[/img]
duff-paddy

Post by duff-paddy »

ringing_ears wrote:Rebel Intelligence def need a mention (they filled in for Metro Area on Sunday night)
Yeah, great bit of filling in from Lawrence and Joe Hart. Possibly my favourite set of the w/e.