Benga and Skream...

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

daggs

Benga and Skream...

Post by daggs »

Does anyone know what the last tune they played was? I really liked it and would love to get hold of it :)
Dead Rats

Post by Dead Rats »

Crissy Criss - Kick Snare. (PM me - This tune hasn't been released yet ;) )

It's a fucking banger of a tune that I always go crazy for. Their set was pure stompage.
CyberMonkey

Post by CyberMonkey »

Another one: the song with "show me the money!". Been googling that all over but couldn't find it :(
Dead Rats

Post by Dead Rats »

CyberMonkey wrote:Another one: the song with "show me the money!". Been googling that all over but couldn't find it :(
Sorta garagey?

Might be me being a bit n00b, but it's not 'Where's My Money?' is it?

Or Architechs - Show me the Money, I just found. I can't remember it!
decky

Post by decky »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEtId4v2etw

pretty sure this was the last five minutes
decky

Post by decky »

im sure if you asked him on myspace he'd tell you
Dead Rats

Post by Dead Rats »

decky wrote:im sure if you asked him on myspace he'd tell you
It's Crissy Criss - Kick Snare. Guaranteed.

He already told me ages ago :)
CyberMonkey

Post by CyberMonkey »

Dead Rats wrote:
CyberMonkey wrote:Another one: the song with "show me the money!". Been googling that all over but couldn't find it :(
Sorta garagey?

oh, that's very much possible indeed. I'll google a bit on "where's my money" then, thanks :)

edit: it's by Caspa. Thanks dude!
Dead Rats

Post by Dead Rats »

CyberMonkey wrote:
Dead Rats wrote:
Sorta garagey?

oh, that's very much possible indeed. I'll google a bit on "where's my money" then, thanks :)

edit: it's by Caspa. Thanks dude!
Ha! That's a fucking massive tune, mate, been popular over here for the past 2-years or so!
chrisclarksda

Post by chrisclarksda »

Was gutted i couldnt get in to see them as the que was massive.

How was there set?
CyberMonkey

Post by CyberMonkey »

Sorry to tell you, but it was fucking awesome :) They were really enjoying themselves because the crowd was massive and totally into it. Bloc should have planned them on the centre stage really, I never saw the red stage so full and active. Even Skream, who seemed a bit quiet at the beginning, got into it at the end mc'ing around :)
Might have been on the thing line of being amusing/wasted, though :)

However, 5 or 6 times the needle jumped out of the groove, mostly happened in the beginning of real partytracks as well. Benga gave some remarks about the bloc guys wasting needles and kind of ruining the vibe with poor gear. Dunno if it was the gear or the records though.
Besides that, this set was one of the highlights of bloc for me.
Last edited by CyberMonkey on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moer

Post by Moer »

Altern8 in the RED bloc was also warzone on the dancefloor.

I thought the Benga/Skream set was bad. They played some nice tunes, but the needles fucked many records up, and i didn't like them getting on the mic so much. There was no flow in the set.
I believe in everything until it's disproved. It all exists, even if it's in your mind - John Lennon
~Zimon~

Post by ~Zimon~ »

i think Skream was being well gobby. I mean i heard him saying somethingvabout someone being vexed or something...??? sounded arrogant. thought the beats were generic and shit.
That tune Godspeed by modeselektor is splendid!
keg

Post by keg »

my mates were in que for some food and skream came along and pushed into the front with his arm around some girl. the girl said you cant just do that and he just said shut up i can do what i want, grabbed her pussy, got with her and ordered his food.

dubstep producers in general are arrogant and over rated and from what i gathered think there some kind of elite group of producers when most of them are churning out the same ol' shit.
dont get me wrong i love my dubstep but skream and bengas set wasnt all that great.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

No matter how much of a dick Skream is I don't think you can take away the fact he is one of the founding fathers of Dubstep and one of the producers that keeps it fresh by continuing to push it in new directions.

They did seem too wasted to play though and for me it was one of the lesser inspiring sets of the weekend. They do have a few top dubplates you can't hear elsewhere though.
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around