Scientology @ Bloc

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

blocula

Scientology @ Bloc

Post by blocula »

Some mates of mine were having a pizza on the saturday, and some guy dropped a flyer on their table. Apparently Scientology people were there at the festival, and if you went to the pool at 2pm on sunday for a "free personality test", they would give you a free mp3 player.

The mp3 players were loaded up with Scientology waffle from arch con-man L Ron Hubbard, a failed Sci Fi author who decided to invent his own religion in order to gain piles of cash. A plan which sadly worked.

I think it's very disappointing that Bloc afforded this group of charlatans the opportunity to prey on festival goers, possibly one of the most vulnerable groups of people considering what most people get up to at raves, especially a few days into it, when most people's brains are totally scrambled and open to damaging suggestions.

The "personality test" is actually an attempt to convince you that your mind is somehow deficient and can only be cured by giving Scientiology large sums of money for further "readings" using their "e-meter".

There is no proven "science" in Scientology, it is simply a large, well-organised scam. Of course, the e-meter does nothing, it's part of the con.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I searched the forum and couldn't see anyone else mention this worrying incident.

I just hope no mashed-up ravers got sucked in by their bullshit.
Million

Post by Million »

Hahahah, i find this quality, and am a bit pissed off i didnt get the chance to give them a personality test, which no doubt they woulda failed.

did they have there funny box thing with em, where u ave to keep the needle dead centre?, the e meter, it must ave been going fuking wild
Im doubting we lost any people to their cause, everyone knows scientology is a crock of shit init??

free mp3 players, great, can u upload some of the bullshit for me, its gotta well be sample worthy
CBE303

Post by CBE303 »

Blocula,

I'm glad you posted that. Me and mates had some guy pass a Scientology flyer to us in Bar Rosso, but before I could read what the flyer was about he'd vanished. Wish I could have found him to give the rubbish back.
broken arm

Post by broken arm »

that's amazing.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

i really wish i hadda seen them...t'would of been fun. considerin i don't have any money to sign up, i could've really strung them along and pretended to get roped in!
Das k k k took mein baby away
Obel

Post by Obel »

I'm sorry, but if you think Scientology is a load of bullshit then there's clearly something wrong with you. I think it's great that they were at Bloc, I mean people say things like Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism are much more realistic but let me highlight why they are not:

Christianity worship some guy in a white toga with a beard who gives us ten rules to live by and lives in the clouds, which is clearly unrealistic.

Hinduism worship SEVERAL gods which goes against most other religions like Christianity, which say there is only one god. So if they can't agree then who's really right? I think they're all dubious. Also Hinduism has stupid named gods like Cashnu and Urshmah.

Buddhism worships some fat god who sits under a tree for years and doesn't ever move talk or eat, which is impossible to do because I tried it for three days and I had to be taken to casualty.

Those are just a few examples though. But the proof is in the pudding, science pretty much has proved the existence of life in space so it's entirely more plausible that there is factual leanings in Scientology, when compared to other religions especially. So, please, try not to be so ignorant.
decky

Post by decky »

Obel wrote:I'm sorry, but if you think Scientology is a load of bullshit then there's clearly something wrong with you. I think it's great that they were at Bloc, I mean people say things like Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism are much more realistic but let me highlight why they are not:

Christianity worship some guy in a white toga with a beard who gives us ten rules to live by and lives in the clouds, which is clearly unrealistic.

Hinduism worship SEVERAL gods which goes against most other religions like Christianity, which say there is only one god. So if they can't agree then who's really right? I think they're all dubious. Also Hinduism has stupid named gods like Cashnu and Urshmah.

Buddhism worships some fat god who sits under a tree for years and doesn't ever move talk or eat, which is impossible to do because I tried it for three days and I had to be taken to casualty.

Those are just a few examples though. But the proof is in the pudding, science pretty much has proved the existence of life in space so it's entirely more plausible that there is factual leanings in Scientology, when compared to other religions especially. So, please, try not to be so ignorant.
SPOT THE FUCKIN LOSER
decky

Post by decky »

TOM CRUISE'S BITCH
Last edited by decky on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obel

Post by Obel »

Hook, line and sinker.
larrycavelle

Post by larrycavelle »

Obel wrote:Hook, line and sinker.
lol, good come back mate! :roll:
Dead Rats

Post by Dead Rats »

hai guyz wots goin' on in dis hurr fred?
Obel

Post by Obel »

To be fair... Scientology IS pretty awesome.
blocula

Post by blocula »

:roll:
Million

Post by Million »

Obel wrote:To be fair... Scientology IS pretty awesome.
Ooops, maybe we did loose 1 or 2
Obel

Post by Obel »

Aliens and shit! Fuck yeah!

Christ, there's a dude walking around the office with the scariest voice I've ever heard. That's awesome too! I'm changing my religion to him now.

Thanks guys :)