The Beach

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

Kinder

The Beach

Post by Kinder »

Nowt to do with Di Caprio or New Order like....

is the beach open 24/7 or do they shut if off at night?
"Dope on the table?" - Daniels
machineisbored

Post by machineisbored »

How do you shut a beach?
Enzo C

Post by Enzo C »

machineisbored wrote:How do you shut a beach?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was thinking the same thing myself.
evilShenanigan

Post by evilShenanigan »

Ebolavirus
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

ask Mayor Larry Vaughn...
you will fry!
Stussy73

Post by Stussy73 »

ahrkboob wrote:
ask Mayor Larry Vaughn...
You're gonna need a bigger Bloc...
moondancer

Post by moondancer »

I heard rumours that at around 4am some strange butlins-folk (possibly the locals) put barbed wire fencing all the way round it, I think the 'Sea' is still open tho' - it must be an open -all-hours-ocean-thing..
moondancer

Post by moondancer »

...i think it could be that they dont want Sand all over the dance floor...but why 4am? bizarre}{
machineisbored

Post by machineisbored »

Sounds like bullshit. Looking at the satellite, they'd have a job stopping you getting on the beach if you wanted to.

Memories of trying to get to the sea on Saturday morning last year and taking an hour and a half to walk 1/2 a mile..
moondancer

Post by moondancer »

were u on K ?
Mr Minimax

Post by Mr Minimax »

machineisbored wrote:Sounds like bullshit. Looking at the satellite, they'd have a job stopping you getting on the beach if you wanted to.

Memories of trying to get to the sea on Saturday morning last year and taking an hour and a half to walk 1/2 a mile..

Was that at Hemsby?

I went to the Breakbeat weekender at "Hemsby Holiday Village" just down the road, which had the advantage of being right on the sea front, but the disadvantage of being completely and utterly shit, so not all peaches there.
machineisbored

Post by machineisbored »

We took a right when we should have gone straight on, ended up on a back-road serving the seafront houses - many with high-powered motion-activated security lights - and no way through to the sea, despite the fact we could hear and smell it.

Hemsby was like Silent Hill at that time of the morning - the sea mist, derelict looking amusement arcades and creaking signs. Betting Minehead wont be quite so atmospheric.
daggs

Post by daggs »

moondancer wrote:I heard rumours that at around 4am some strange butlins-folk (possibly the locals) put barbed wire fencing all the way round it, I think the 'Sea' is still open tho' - it must be an open -all-hours-ocean-thing..
Gonna have to do some prison break style tunnel digging with some spoons from the flats! The BLOCers great escape from Butlins...not that BLOC gives you much to want to run away from...especially when its toward a British beach in the middle of march :?
moondancer

Post by moondancer »

..usually british beaches are full of dog muck, bits of broken glass, tab ends, seaweed and strange things that hav drifted in...but with a decent pair of boots on..we should be arite (or mayb that was just Morcombe beach)...be nice to have a stroll regardless!!! :lol: