General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

thecolouringbox

Post by thecolouringbox »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
misspottymouth

Post by misspottymouth »

winner.

Maybe we should be able to spot each other when we actually go.

add me on facebookdizzle if you so wish. My name is Lois Leigh
Zoe

Post by Zoe »

is this booked now then?
if so we need to organise a money meet up
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

yo guys

first up, massive respect to the northern BLOC family. well done for making the trip

I see that you're all getting together to pay for your bus - have you heard of this thing?

http://www.wigadoo.com/

someone emailed us about it. helps pals get their dough together. i am curious to see if it works, maybe it can help you get your bus lolly together?
thecolouringbox

BLOCwknd wrote:yo guys

first up, massive respect to the northern BLOC family. well done for making the trip

I see that you're all getting together to pay for your bus - have you heard of this thing?

http://www.wigadoo.com/

someone emailed us about it. helps pals get their dough together. i am curious to see if it works, maybe it can help you get your bus lolly together?
Its gotta be done yoo!

nice one nice one nice one for the link.. looks useable.. otherwise its a pint in a pub meet up i imagen.
julesrules

Post by julesrules »

right is all booked n confirmed we're traveling with r-bullocks on 28 seater coach at a cost of 1,100/28 = which is £39.30 each, however if we all put in £40 that puts us £20 over was thinkin this could be used for bribing/tipping the coach driver if he kicks up a fuss about drinkin on coach or sumthin??

er... is up to ppl whether we meet or jus use site? money has to be in 7 days before we travel, i say try n get it done before 1st march x
Zoe

Post by Zoe »

yeh every time i have been on a private coach to parties and stuff we have always given the driver a decent tip. sometimes they even let you smoke on the coach if they are nice. its just something you have to do like tipping in a restaurant.

i think we should meet up. it would be nice to meet a few of the people im travelling with. i work awkward hours but as long as i know before the friday the week before i can book it off.

jules can you find out what stereo there is on the coach?

also last thing.

just incase any of you live in south manchester - i run a night every other tuesday at abode bar in chorlton (opp morrisons), its on tomorrow night. we have guest djs from the mindset label (dub techno / dubstep ) and an open decks section and resident djs. its very bloc vibe not too genre specfic just electronic music. electronica, dubstep, techno, dub, etc.
just incase any of you fancy a mid week pint and some decent tunes.
its from 8 - 12, free in and £2 pints if you have an overdrawn bank statement.
LiveDream

The Book of Face

Post by LiveDream »

Have created a facebook group for us lot:
http://tinyurl.com/blocweekend

It's invite only/admin approved (as we don't want other peeps bugging us now we're all booked and all) so make sure you mention your uncollected's party nick (ie misspottymouth for me) when you join so i know your booked in and not a randommer

As for money, i'm happy to meet up if we can organize a suitable time around all our hectic schedules
irishemma

Post by irishemma »

Sorry to butt into your thread but I just thought you might want to consider tipping your bus driver more than 20 notes between. Personally I would want to give more in that situation esp considering you might need stops on the way back due to people being fragile. If you were in a restaurent you would leave about 10% - no?

Not that it is any of my business!
misspottymouth

Post by misspottymouth »

oof. i'm happy.

Yeah, organise a pint at the end of the month. Thinking city centre? Maybe Sinclairs oyster bar or somewhere on oxford road?

Zoe, i'm right by Chorlton myself, i'll try and get down tommorow night. Looks like a goodun :)
thecolouringbox

anywhere i can get a guiness or a gin and tonic is fine with me!

Nice one nice one jules!!

MEGA GOOD TIMES AAA ROLLING!
talder

Post by talder »

Right so it looks like I owe someone 240 quid then. Hows this gonna work?
Grimcrack

Post by Grimcrack »

all my apologies, not recieved any e-mail for ages.

I take it I've missed the boat? no worries. Let me know if something comes up.
teutonic.kaboom

Post by teutonic.kaboom »

[quote="
Yeah, organise a pint at the end of the month. Thinking city centre? Maybe Sinclairs oyster bar or somewhere on oxford road?[/quote]

sounds good to me, let us know when!

:)
thecolouringbox

PINTS!