db4

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

aaaaah thank you for clearing that up, was a tad confusing....
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I'm still suitably confused but it sits in tandem with the aftermath of the whole weekend so I'll leave it as that.

Bring on the willies and bacon!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

thomas hooked wrote:and i just finished updating my new site for the day:

http://www.mrthomaswhitehead.co.uk
P.S. Nice site!
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

back to the topic if dedbeat...this is the dedbeat thread after all. anyone got any info on the free after party in london this friday. The website says i should recieve an e-mail but i ain't *sob*
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Spoke to Sam briefly - still on for the 14th apparently, we should be getting a mail first part of this week. You gonna make the trip down?
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

i reckon. me mummy lives in london so a few days of her cooking combined with a dedbeat after party seems like the perfect way to spend a weekend! you know who they're gonna send e-mails to? My friend booked all our tickets and she's in france at the mo so erm, how are they gonna inform people who didn't actually buy the tickets? and how are they suppose to know if we were there or not as its free to dedbeat punters yeah? or is it free to everyone? can you answer my burning questions?
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
LEQ

Post by LEQ »

I was wondering who that girl was (Sanna) as I spent most of sat and sunday night with her in 606's chalet, was pretty wasted though. I'll be making the trip up to the party on fri all the way from Cornwall if it is definitely on, hope so.
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

I think this is the dedbeat after party feat none other than kieren hebden aka four tet. OooOOoooh! not really an "official" dedbeat after party but just a free gig - looks good all the same. anyone know Icarus? i've got a copy of one their albums somewhere me thinks - i shall make efforts to find it.

I got this info from http://www.icarus.nu/acidtest.txt it says to check later for more info

On Friday May 14 2004 Icarus celebrate the launch of their new album "I Tweet the Birdy Electric" with...

THE ACID TEST DAWN CHORUS PART 1

FREE event at a secret location in Hackney, 10pm - 6am.

Icarus will be joined by Dysfunktional Beats founder Bedouin Ascent, and newly formed free jazz trio arthurs.dakiz.westerhus, conspiring to bring several takes on a similar theme of exploratory and risky improvisation via a great many speakers, the nature of their instruments - laptops, technics, trumpets, 909s - falling gladly out of focus in the wake of the aural mayhem. Expect chaos, unplanned melodies and bird sounds.

Further entertainment will be supplied by the Parnassus Crew's master of hardcore, darkcore, and those wicked quirky beats that nobody else has got, DJ Laurent Duriaud, and rising star of avant garde hip hop, DJ Woof Wan Bau, as well as Leaf Label chief DJ Tony Morley and a special guest who needs no introduction, DJ Kieran Hebden. Cine, still and video visuals will be provided by Parnassus visual artists and their guests.

For venue details, send an email to acidtest@theleaflabel.com or check this location on the day.
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Official info:

We are holding a Dedbeat party this Friday 14th May, 11-late in honour of the late Dedbeat 4.
Selecting the sounds will be Depth Charge, Mat Carter & Ceephax
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

Ooooooh, wheres that being held?
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

They disclose the secret location in an e-mail if you're lucky enough to get a ticket.

The nearest tube is Old Street, so it's Shoreditch sorta area.
There are only 200 tickets available, and I reckon far more than that came from London alone. Looks as though there won't be room at the inn, but I shall wait to hear.

Ed, you up for travelling down with me, if we manage to get places?
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

I'm definately going down but am working till about 5 so when r u guys heading off? I've sent you a message bout party details
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Good to see you there Ed and the Cambridge crew. It was good fun. I danced like an idiot for quite a while with someone wearing a highway maintanence type jacket and "gabba crew" scrawled on the back. Someone who was wearing a gollum mask and a baseball cap also jigged in my direction for a while much to my delight and it was hilarious seeing people get a shock from this awful looking face.

Twas funny. Did anyone ever meet the old witch doctor lady?
setwin

Post by setwin »

was a proper good night. really nice to see the Norwich kru in full efect WET DOG. big it up. nice night in the place, feel it in your face, lovce the bass, its a disgrace, step back i've got mace, etc etc and all that

we should do it more often

did the chalet guys make it to the leaf thing??? looked good see you soon
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

Wet dogs indeed, all over the place. top tunes top night. i liked ceephax's maverick approach to mixing i.e not. His cheeky face looking up from the decks after every mix was one to be remembered. Yeah, that gabba crew top was pretty fly - we should make some for the end of the next chalet night! not sure i met the old witch doctor, but from that description i wished i had....

We got a cab all the way to that Leaf party, stayed for about 10 mins, and then got a cab back to the dedbeat party hehehe foolish really! it was about 3 in the morning and four tet & icarus had already played *sob* and the music at dedbeat was better. whoop

but its back to the grindstone this morning and to make things worse the sun has got his hat on & he's coming out to play. I wanna go play with him.......can i, can i?
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com