db4

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

thomas hooked

Post by thomas hooked »

i remember that being a fairly funny altercation. your friend was quite incredulous that he wasn't being let in. specifics are lost though. yes its rather good here isn't it.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

So your chalet was the 'venue' for the after-party? I was swaying at the front for a fair time with a bottle of champagne clamped in my fist and then shortly after laying in the bath prior to ripping out the towel-rail.

Good show for putting up with all that and more!
thomas hooked

Post by thomas hooked »

er that wasn't my chalet, that was henry shitmatt's i think, with a system cribbed from the vice room if i remember.
setwin

Post by setwin »

it wasn't henry's. it was the beat alliances chalet. gutted i wasn't there, had werk at 9am on monday. proper bastard
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
thomas hooked

Post by thomas hooked »

nice site
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

setwin wrote:it wasn't henry's. it was the beat alliances chalet. gutted i wasn't there, had werk at 9am on monday. proper bastard
ah okay, bummer that you had to work so early man.

Did he ever find his bass amp that went missing? Really gotta be a bit of a downer if you lose something like that. Nice one for Josh Martinez by the way, he's pretty good live. You still coming down on the 19th?
LEQ

Dedbeat

Post by LEQ »

Hey, after reading these posts I think I may have met half of you whilst at Dedbeat. I was working in the aritsts bar bit( Captain crocodiles adventure land to be more precise) and was with Shitmat quite a lot of the time. also prob spoke to most of you at the chalet mash up on sunday and was one of the people 'sweeping the floor' of the other chalet we went to when Ceephax was playing his tapes. Fuck knows what happened to the bass amp as I got bollocked by my boss in the morning for not knowing where it was, oh well, it was worth it for that night alone! many hazy memories of that night but remember having some amusing chats with people! anyone remember? prob gave you all a few free beers if you were in the bar when shitmat and co were playing ...
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

oooooh how nice, its like a little dedbeat reunion, its funny how it all seems connected, i take it you guys know those 2 girls that are in quite a few of those pics, spoke to them a bit.....the brown haired one (rachel i think?) made tea at the 2nd party.......how nice of her..........it was needed

anyone know what time that party finished?.......i think i left around 7.......i guess whoever were the last people standing at the end claimed the amp coz it wasnt there in the morning(after sleep anyway)
setwin

Post by setwin »

the amp never turned up. luke says if he ever finds the person who nicked it he'll cut off there right hand and left foot.

james i'm definately up for the 19th, getting my shit together for it. also deciding how i'm going to dress up for it to. hunting in the charity shops for some more fly gear. any requests???
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
thomas hooked

Post by thomas hooked »

the other was called isobel, they were norwich hip hop kids i think and very charming , made a sport out of shouting my name at me at every opportunity which is quite endearing i suppose.
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

You do this love this "role play" shit quite a bit...I'm starting to get a bit worried! :?

I know those girls! They're officially called that chalet girls (i first met them at the dedbeat last year and were present at the incarnation of chalet records) Rachel is called Chalet Duvall as she's a spitting image of Shelley Duvall from the shining....i kid you not. I tried to lock her in our bathroom & reinact the famous "here's Johnny" scene but she was having none of it. spoil sport!

It's a shame to hear about that amp - yoinking someones gear is surely not in the dedbeat spirit. There will always be a few i suppose. Grrrrr!
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

aaaaaargh the confusion........i dont know whos talking about who and my brain is going to explode......i think you are confused as well ed, i think this is the isobel you are thinking about (with the other rachel......the duvall rachel peeping over the top of someones head next to her)

thses girls are from norwich ^^^^..............dont think these ones are though vvvvvvvvv

the other rachel and isobel

confused?
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

yup, those are the 2 I'm talking about (The top photo), and thats my head that chalet duvall is peeping over. hehehehe. I've no idea who those other girls are, but i'm definately digging that guys jacket! Woah, and ive just spotted my chalet mates sitting behind on the table in the bottom photo! such a small world, well small dedbeat i suppose. but yeah, confusion over...long live clear thinking.
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
thomas hooked

Post by thomas hooked »

him in the jacket is spencer. orig from yarmouth- currently in brighton- great dj, sometime rave-erniser and our guide round the delights of norfolk. the girls are rachel and sanna- my other chalet friends. sanna's a photographer. trachels a musician. have just started a band called "la goon" expect big things.
thomas hooked

Post by thomas hooked »

and i just finished updating my new site for the day:

http://www.mrthomaswhitehead.co.uk