I <3 BANGFACE .... if you dont know why you missed out :(

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

Ali

I <3 BANGFACE .... if you dont know why you missed out :(

Post by Ali »

Seriously that was the best rave/festival/party/weekend i have ever experienced....

Awesome crowd, awesome line up, awesome tunes, no sniffer dogs, lush beach opposite.....

i could carry on an talk for days about how good it was and im sure i will be....
BEARDYMAN.... REMARC... X&trick..Krome and time squarepusher....ceefax, fuck it look at the line up.... i was dissapointed by absolutey no one i saw....

.... here is a small summery from my friend carl brown which sums it all up

" The shining splendorous explosively thunderous torrent of joyful mayhem filled wondrousness cascading with monumentally exuberant neo-rave force that was BANGFACE WEEKENDER.

Theres too much goodness to cover though - friends, strangers, weather, mindstates, artists, toys, it was all good.."

check out the full ramblings of the awesome times had @ www.myspace.com/blucid - Bangfaced blog
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Sounds like you had a fantastic time.

If you had to pick 3 performances that stuck out, who would it be and why?
Ali

Post by Ali »

if i had to pick three id have to list about 20....

Beardyman played a set which bettered his previous years one at glade which iw asnt sure was possible....
Modeselektor was the bollox...
plaid was beautiful...
remarc ripped the entire budiing a new arsehole....
Arron spectre as ever smashed the place up...
bong ra was intensely amazing...
krome and time re kindled my love for dancing to hiphop/jungle/old skool +
X&trick, snares, squarepusher, ceefax, chaz & dave ft the producer gaba knees up, bogdan razynski... vibert under three different guizes, si begg, mala, kode 9 ,vexkiddy....... were all amongst my top three...:)

i cant beleive all the waffery people were on about about the crowds being shit....uv leigons..... people were dressed up....having a fucking whale of a time..... i didnt see any trouble, not one argument, everyone i spoke to was really friendly + just out to have a fucking good time, not too many people so you dint loose anyone for too long.....

and to be fair... if your going out for the night/weekends party id rather be in a bulding full of people dressed up out to have a good time than stuck next to some complete music snob who keeps moaning because the dj isnt playing the original pressing...

fuck...i cant beleive you all werent there... and again...im gonna have to stop myself ranting on for ever...

seriously... mashive respect to everyone involved in putting it on....
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Hey I thought it would be ridiculously fun! I will make it next year I was just quite raved out after Bloc. :?

I never dissed Bangface. I have been to more than a fair few in London and absolutely fucking loved it. However much I love a mental rave up and I also like to hear some completely new acts that will surprise me. Bloc was really really good for this. If I thought I could have afforded it I would have gone to both. (My brain might have suffered from attending both)

He he... When talking about Bangface I have always stuck up for it but there does appear to be some people on here that don't have so much love for it anymore. Whatever, it’s their choice/loss

It's the same with Glade really. I have said I am slightly miffed the lineup isn't full blown killer. I do know that if I go it will be another "best weekend of my life" which is why I bought a ticket 2 days ago.

Perhaps as we all get older people look more for excuses to not go to festivals....

I wonder how many generations of crusty hippies have complained that Glastonbury "isn't what it used to be maaaan" since (delete as appropriate) now you have to pay/they increased the capacity/they built a fence to keep stealing gypos out/the youth have no respect/it has mainstream hip hop acts/some posh people started going

I also always have a marvellous time at Glastonbury. It's always the place where the most magical unexpected things unravel in front of your own eyes. I think it will be a while before that is ever taken away.

What I'm trying to say is "stop your whingeing and lets all get on it this summer!”

Hmmm….
:) :D :o :shock: :? :lol: :P :oops: :wink:
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
SUBCITIZEN

Post by SUBCITIZEN »

i enjoyed bangface, i prefered bloc. simple as!
www.resistor-records.net
top class electronic vinyl

www.myspace.com/resistorrecords
come and say hello, get news and info