How was it?!?!

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

Sho'Nuff

Post by Sho'Nuff »

Wicked, wicked, wicked weekend! Fucking loved all of it. Still recovering though and will be on a downer for a week, back to normality with a bang. Can't wait for next year. Gutted i missed DJ Rephlex Records, was passed it by then, did his set get recorded?
Am I the meanest?
Am I the prettiest?
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
Moer

Post by Moer »

mishmashmole wrote:1. Juan Atkins - every track a winner
I missed his whole set, did he play classics?
I believe in everything until it's disproved. It all exists, even if it's in your mind - John Lennon
mishmashmole

Post by mishmashmole »

Moer wrote:
mishmashmole wrote:1. Juan Atkins - every track a winner
I missed his whole set, did he play classics?
The last 10 or so tracks he slipped in a few classics yes, but all the other tracks were like, wow, I want that.

I forgot to say about sleeparchive. I have never seen or heard anything as boring in my whole life. Bitterly disappointed, I thought it was a wind up. I was watching in the chalet and just had to go down to see it if it was for real. A guy standing behind a laptop, almost motionless apart from drinking water, playing the most boring minimal, repetitive noises ever. Bleugh.
I_Love_Acid

Post by I_Love_Acid »

Whole weekend was awesome, painful, entertaining, surreal, and hilarious.

Bottle of gin for breakfast on Sunday, followed by playing to a rammed Smashbloc stage was great fun (cheers to everyone who came down for Digitonal & AGT Rave Cru - was surprised and well chuffed at just how many ravers were going mental at 3pm in the afternoon on both Sat and Sun)

Milanese totally rocked it. Amon Tobin dropping "Arigami Style" by Zilla absolutely destroyed the place, moment of the weekend for me.

Punters were excellent, great vibes all round, kudos to those who made the effort to dress up in Sunday Best or as part of the MarioKart crew. Also massively impressed at Bloc crew, background organisation and stage management was top notch.

Hemsby-upon-Sea was like stepping back into a 1970's ghost town. oddness.

only lowpoints were a massively disappointing UR, and there was far too much uber-dull over-serious gloomy dubstep (Scorn in particular was atrocious)

also, two days later, my ears havent stopped ringing, brain-splittingly loud monitors on th Smashbloc stage. ooof.
Last edited by I_Love_Acid on Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moer

Post by Moer »

The people in the Smash BLOC were going crazy in the afternoons alright, great atmosphere :D
I believe in everything until it's disproved. It all exists, even if it's in your mind - John Lennon
Moer

Post by Moer »

I'm almost forgetting to mention the proper techno set Subhead played, WOW!
fenton

Post by fenton »

Monolake was severly amazing, so much I can't have a top 3/5.

Monolake.
Alex

Post by Alex »

What a freaking madness, first time bloc for me and i love it :D
Moer

Post by Moer »

Proper
Rogue Molecule

Post by Rogue Molecule »

Looking back at the programme it just reads like a big list of people I completely failed to see. Still a great weekend anyway.

AGT and Shelley Parker are about the only 2 I remember with any clarity, both great :D

Definitely be back next year.....
stripeyhat

Post by stripeyhat »

dj_yt wrote:Also heard good things about Jerome Hill from my friends.
Yeah he was wicked :D We made the effort to wander out again for him after chilling at the chalet for a bit. First tune I heard was Butterslut so I couldn't move after that - god knows where I got the energy from though :lol:

I'm still trying to remember other highlights. Definitely Ben Sims/Tyree Cooper, and Joey Beltram was cool too. Once I've remember some more I'll be back :lol:
twirlygirl

Post by twirlygirl »

I loved Stakka & Skynet, Current Value and the darkness that was Kode 9 and Spaceape.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

i'll second that, kode9 rocked it. promised myself i was off the sesh after this but just found out they're playin dublin this weekend so i may have to put off bein good for one more week ;)
Das k k k took mein baby away
warren888k

Post by warren888k »

1) milanese
2) agt rave crew
3) scorn
4) komonazmuk
5) syntheme

ye will really have to do something about checking in/out, same as last year, ridiculous...........
beattie

Post by beattie »

CAN'T WAIT FOR NXT YEAR
CAN'T REMEMBER WHO PLAYED WHEN
PROPER FOCKIN BO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!