THE MYSTERY HEADLINER IS...

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

Dask

Post by Dask »

Those of you not familiar with Bartos' work away from Kraftwerk should check out his remix of Soul Sonic Force - Planet Rock (Classic Mix)

One very rare example of a remix which is better than the original.

Also the remix of Antony Rother's Little Computer People is amazing.
Sho'Nuff

Post by Sho'Nuff »

septimus wrote:"like autechre all over again" brilliant! and in the presence of an old grand master with all that gear on stage
Yeah it's going to be brilliant to have a beard scratch to, can't wait Image
Am I the meanest?
Am I the prettiest?
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
septimus

Post by septimus »

stop whining and go watch dave clarke or summat!

i'll be enjoying the show bro
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

septimus wrote:stop whining and go watch dave clarke or summat!

well said. the joys of 3 rooms is that u don't have to see what u don't want to see! i'm glad it aint one of the 'bigger guns' anyway, cos that'd annoyingly become the main draw of a festival already full of them....

it still don't top mr tobin tho :D
Das k k k took mein baby away
Dask

Post by Dask »

haha exactly.

I'll probably be strung out talking crap in someone's chalet when Mr Bartos is playing anyway, that's what usually happens to me at these kind of festivals. :lol:
Sho'Nuff

Post by Sho'Nuff »

Dave who? :lol:
Am I the meanest?
Am I the prettiest?
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

Sho'Nuff wrote: Dave who? :lol:
i hear he's some guy all the kids are into these days...i'm sure its just too loud for us!! :wink:
Das k k k took mein baby away
PhotogRyan

Post by PhotogRyan »

Sho'Nuff wrote:Well its a live audio visual show by the legendary Karl Bartos along side Mathias Black and Robert Baumanns.

http://www.karlbartos.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbCH9BO_hHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0i3Aq7drn8
HaHA :lol: That first vid is something like the pet shop boys would churn out, not much of a headliner in my opinion, maybe im making my judgement too soon...

...Scratches imaginary beard
septimus

Post by septimus »

check this one out from cologne. proper atmosphere.

looks heavy to me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81eX5-XYVz0
Raz

Post by Raz »

In my opinion Karl Bartos is a legend, i saw him dj once but i have to admit his dj sets sucks.. the visuals wer much more intresting but then again the projection setup was shit so..

as a live performer he is far more intresting and it sure suits him to headline the weekend , he plays loads of kraftwerk tracks that he was involved in, not to forget that he is an audiovisual lecturer as well

if the setup is built perfectly and i'm sure that the bloc crew is working hard on that , prepare for a mind twisting audiovisual expierience!
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

I think this is going to be fantastic! what a headliner!
Nice work guys bloc 2008 is going to be SO good.
eightoeight

Post by eightoeight »

I’m not pleased. You blatantly lead everyone to believe you had AFX …………Why did you put the Tuss as top mates on Myspace?………Karl Bartos isn’t even a founding member of KW……Hype it as much as you want, you’ve basically conned people with this Massive Mystery bullshit to sell tickets………!
Tec

Post by Tec »

eightoeight wrote:I’m not pleased. You blatantly lead everyone to believe you had AFX …………Why did you put the Tuss as top mates on Myspace?………Karl Bartos isn’t even a founding member of KW……Hype it as much as you want, you’ve basically conned people with this Massive Mystery bullshit to sell tickets………!
:lol:

Silly Billy.

I don't think you fully understand the in's and out's of putting on an event like Bloc Weekend. If you did, you wouldn't come out with such an utterly ridiculous statement like you have here.

Say if 'artist a' is the guy you wanna book for your headline slot but unfortunately for you, isn't ready to be in a position to commit to it, what do you do? You wait until the last possible moment to get a yes or no answer thats what.

I am truly amazed that with EVERYTHING else on offer @ Bloc 08 some people feel it necessary to hit the guys up with an ungrateful comment like that..deary me.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Tec wrote:I am truly amazed that with EVERYTHING else on offer @ Bloc 08 some people feel it necessary to hit the guys up with an ungrateful comment like that..deary me.
Hear hear!

As I said before KB is an awesome choice. I saw The Tuss in Manchester recently and it was a pretty good show but between RDJ behind a laptop and the audiovisual spectacle of a live show that Karl delivers I know what I'd prefer.

We are being spoilt rotten with the line-up at BLOC and the tickets would be flying off the shelf whoever the headliner was. It's crazy to suggest that it was some sort of marketing campaign or con. Get a grip!
Raz

Post by Raz »

eightoeight wrote:I’m not pleased. You blatantly lead everyone to believe you had AFX …………Why did you put the Tuss as top mates on Myspace?………Karl Bartos isn’t even a founding member of KW……Hype it as much as you want, you’ve basically conned people with this Massive Mystery bullshit to sell tickets………!
looks like ur pissed off mate, what where u gonna do? spend the whole weekend sleeping in the chalet then wake up to see aphex? looks like ur forgeting the rest of the weekend mate, Theres more than 85 acts!!
:wink: