Sound systems not allowed

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

Bunter

Sound systems not allowed

Post by Bunter »

Hey,

I read in some other thread that sound systems are a big no no.. which is totally fair enough... but surely _something_ with a little more sound than a iPod and speakers is allowed.. what are the rules on this?

Cheers,
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

Hello everyone,

It's quite important for everyone that we are very clear over this...

The main rooms at BLOC are properly soundproofed -- we have carried out extensive work in the BassBloc to prevent noise escaping and bringing the volume down as it did in 07.

The chalets on the other hand (some of which are less than 50m from local residents) are terrible at keeping sound in.

In fact, there were more sound complaints caused by a guitar amp in one of the chalets last year than all of the main arenas put together (thanks andy jenkinson!).

Like with all festivals, noise complaints are very bad because they force the volume down on the main stages (e.g. surgeon @ glade) and threaten future license applications.

So... we politely ask that you don't bring amps or stereos into your chalets. We bang out tunes (with a well stocked bar!) 24 hours a day anyway - you can plug ipods/laptops in to the TV or into speakers but proper PA or hi-fi separates are just too risky...

Hope you understand why!

Cheers,

BLOC
Bunter

Post by Bunter »

No probs, glad I asked and didn't fuck things up for next year :O)

Anthony
Moer

Post by Moer »

We chilled out with some computer boxes in our chalet, no problems.
I believe in everything until it's disproved. It all exists, even if it's in your mind - John Lennon
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

we rocked it in our chalet with a set of dj headphones turned up really loud....seem to remember havin quite the singalong to the beach boys so it must've been loud enough :P
Das k k k took mein baby away