bloc 2011 questions..

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

lissyred

bloc 2011 questions..

Post by lissyred »

hey everyone

booked our tickets for bloc now and were all excited...... !!!!!!!!!! lineup was just too irresistible this year!

been through the general bloc FAQ'S and still would love a bit more info, for all our group its our first time at bloc and we are coming from overseas so don't mean to be anal about it or ask the obvious but any prep we can make beforehand will help us out a great deal

some of the things on our mind was

what time does the music start and stop on the main stages?

security/queues/searches general procedure? any info on this

any tips on things you might need to bring to the weekend such as towels etc? any home comforts we might just forget??

apartment safety- is it comman for things to get stolen/broken in to or is it ok? of course we will carry our valuables but i mean will someone steal our :beer: ??? :o etc

site off licence opening times? how far is the nearest off site one?

coming/leaving the site- what to be on top of? are there queues for shuttle busses etc or can u book?

not going to write a major list but if people who have been in previous years want to help out some newcomers any info would be much appreciated.. oh and feel free to add to the list!

look forward to seeing you all there!!!!! :lol: let the countdown begin!!!

:boobs: :boobs: :boobs:
tarat_gwat

Re: bloc 2011 questions..

Post by tarat_gwat »

what time does the music start and stop on the main stages?

6pm-6am? roughly i guess but sure some stages were going on till 8 or summat, finishes earlier on sunday

security/queues/searches general procedure? any info on this

bags get searched and some random body searches/pat downs on way in to arena

any tips on things you might need to bring to the weekend such as towels etc? any home comforts we might just forget??

cant remeber bout towels. bring one, a blanket and a pillow for complete home comfort!

apartment safety- is it comman for things to get stolen/broken in to or is it ok? of course we will carry our valuables but i mean will someone steal our :beer: ??? :o etc

we had no bother with this

site off licence opening times? how far is the nearest off site one?

dunno bout on site offie, guess regular times, we bought ours own. there's a tesco 5-10 minutes away. cider to be bought on high street! bout same distance away.

coming/leaving the site- what to be on top of? are there queues for shuttle busses etc or can u book?

dunno soz we drove, it seemed busy monday morning but not chaos or owt

just cant kin wait for it!! :D :lol: :P
avarus

Post by avarus »

> booked our tickets for bloc now and were all excited...... !!!!!!!!!! lineup was just too
> irresistible this year!

Yay - welcome to Bloc. I've been to the past 3, and several of my party have done the full set.

Messages like this normally get an official answer from one of the Bloc Crew but I'll give you some answers from my experience.

> what time does the music start and stop on the main stages?

I'm eagerly awaiting the 2011 schedule but on past form things on the main stages kick off between 8-10 on Friday and Saturday and finish at 6 am, with the smaller stages starting earlier keeping on until about 10am. During the day various things happen in the central area - I can't say I've ever been bored at Bloc!

On Sunday it all finishes fairly early (about 1) in the hope that everyone will be in a fit state to leave the next morning.

> security/queues/searches general procedure? any info on this

In the past they've checked my car boot on the way in looking for sound systems (ie. some numptie trying to sneak in a proper rig, not just a portable CD player).
You are liable to get picked for a random search entering the central area and then going into any given arena - much like entering a regular nightclub. No major delays, though, and the door staff are actually pretty cool even if you appear somewhat, er, jaded.
Sometimes the arenas fill up or there can be fairly big queues if everyone tries to rush in at once, but I don't recall ever missing anything that I really wanted to see (well, not due to queues anyway).

> any tips on things you might need to bring to the weekend such as towels etc?
> any home comforts we might just forget??

Towels and swimming cossie
Decent frying pan (if you have a kitchen)
CD player
Cafetiere if you like decent coffee
Last year it was sunny outside but not warm so pack a thick jumper
Copious Buckfast

> apartment safety- is it comman for things to get stolen/broken in to or is it ok? of course we > will carry our valuables but i mean will someone steal our :beer: ??? :o etc

I hope not - I've always felt Bloc was very safe, but I'd be interested to know what crimes were reported in previous years - forewarned is forearmed as they say.

> site off licence opening times? how far is the nearest off site one?

Big Tesco's right next to Butlins for all your needs. On-site shops are convenient but not very good.

Compared to camping festivals there really is very little to worry about, so pack your best dancing shoes and get ready to partay.

TIM
lissyred

Post by lissyred »

Thanks so much guys, really helpful! :D

from what i've heard bloc really does seem like a safe, fun and friendly weekend on the whole, so i guess we can leave our worries at the door...... and yes.. at least we won't be stumbling back to a tent... absolute luxury if you ask meee!!

can't wait to check out the other facilities on site, the swimming pool and stuff looks deadly! also can't wait to meet other sound heads too..... seems like another big part of the overall bloc experience

++++++++++ ONE HELL OF A LINEUP......... AAAHHH BRING IT ONNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!! :)