WANG - Launch Party (29th May) @ Balance Club

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

james
Site Admin

WANG - Launch Party (29th May) @ Balance Club

Post by james »

Hello WANGers,
We trust you all recovered from the NYE smash up!!! It took us a few days for sure, but my gosh what a party…..
Now this is the first contact of 2009 from us, but it certainly won’t be the last!
We have joined forces with 2 underground institutions, the mighty Split and the long running BASE night,
to bring you a brand new night of monumental proportions at a rather cool new CABLE Club opening in London Bridge…
WANG, BASE and SPLIT present BALANCE!!!!
Our opening night is 29th May 09 and reads like a who's who of techno and electro!!

Aux 88 - Detroit electro pioneer's jet in for an exclusive UK live show
Surgeon - Techno wunderkind will performing the debut of his brand new Audio/Visual live show
Luke Slater - A rare London appearance with a Planetary Assault Systems DJ set
A Guy Called Gerald - An exclusive live acid set from the acid house legend
Billy Nasty - An electro set from Electrix and Tortured label boss
alongside residents
Jim Masters, Electro Elvis, Ben Sims, Alex Downey and Lula

Launch party Fri 29th May 11pm - 7am
£12 adv/concs £14 door Adv tickets www.ticketweb.co.uk
Cable 33A Bermonsey St. London Se1 0207 584 2570
www.balance-club.co.uk info@balance-club.co.uk

What an amazing line-up, who is up for it?
Last edited by james on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

oh hell ruddy yeah!
you will fry!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

How was this? New club good?
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

twas a good un! but i've got to say, the new place is no corsica. i am now old.
you will fry!
Stussy73

Post by Stussy73 »

Club itself: Too much concrete, little bit soulless, not enough bar staff, not sure of sound quality in room 1. Room 2 was a bit chilly but had a nice happy crowd.

Lou / Elvis / Aux 88 (cos I spent 95% of my time in the Wang side): Excellent and well worth the dosh.

New aspect of club pisstaking: £1 to get extra pack of fags out of bag.

As ahrkboob says: it's no corsica. Vibe was OK though, and will probably pick up over time. I'll definitely be going back, the lineups will ensure that.
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

re: bar staff. i've just remembered i paid for 2 bottles of beer with a £20 notes, the awful cow serving put my 2 bottles on the bar then went into a back room without giving me any change! when she re emerged i asked for my change, she claimed she had never served me and then tried, very loudly, to make out I was on the blag and that she WILL call security. the utter cunt! my blood is boiling remembering this!
you will fry!
saul

Post by saul »

I didnt go to this night but i cheaked out the club previously and thought it was shit hot. Its a new venue and stuff so i can imagine it having a few staff problems so soon after opening. When i saw it i thought it had an awsome sound system and great latyout. Its a bit strange people prefering corsica which i feel is an awful venue and in a less than attractive area.... big up cable i can see great things going on there.x
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

ahrkboob wrote:re: bar staff. i've just remembered i paid for 2 bottles of beer with a £20 notes, the awful cow serving put my 2 bottles on the bar then went into a back room without giving me any change! when she re emerged i asked for my change, she claimed she had never served me and then tried, very loudly, to make out I was on the blag and that she WILL call security. the utter cunt! my blood is boiling remembering this!
This sucks balls. As Saul says, hopefully it is all teething problems, and the bad staff will get whittled out as the places settles down.

Stussy73 wrote:New aspect of club pisstaking: £1 to get extra pack of fags out of bag.
Does this mean if you want to get your bag/coat at any point in the night, you get charged extra for it?
Stussy73

Post by Stussy73 »

james wrote:
ahrkboob wrote:re: bar staff. i've just remembered i paid for 2 bottles of beer with a £20 notes, the awful cow serving put my 2 bottles on the bar then went into a back room without giving me any change! when she re emerged i asked for my change, she claimed she had never served me and then tried, very loudly, to make out I was on the blag and that she WILL call security. the utter cunt! my blood is boiling remembering this!
This sucks balls. As Saul says, hopefully it is all teething problems, and the bad staff will get whittled out as the places settles down.

Stussy73 wrote:New aspect of club pisstaking: £1 to get extra pack of fags out of bag.
Does this mean if you want to get your bag/coat at any point in the night, you get charged extra for it?
Exactly. There was zero queue at that point and the guy still wouldn't entertain the idea of doing it gratis. Guess it's quit smoking or carry a pack in each pocket...doesn't make you love the club, but I guess you're not there for the cloakroom...