Madlib
MF DOOM
Gangstarr
Sa ra
Dam Funk!!

Bullion
Slugabed

Drexciya

LTJ Bukem '93/4 set (last years 4 hero reinforced set was immense)
or Randal from the same period.

Theo Parrish
Move D
Dj Koze

Speedy J
Sandwell District
dublinstep

Re: Who would you like to see on next years BLOC Weekend

Post by dublinstep »

Dead Rats wrote:Fuck me. The announcement of Autechre, Grandmaster Flash, Joker, Skream b2b Benga and Roots Manuva not good enough for some people as a first inclusion.

I mean, what the fuck?
Fair point, but Salt n Pepa as the headliners? Total nostalgia act - and I would have hardly have called them pioneers of underground electronic music back in the day. Why do I care about this? Hmm.. Probably because presumably it would have cost a fair whack to get them to come over, when that money could have been spent on non-commercial pop acts. Just because the venue is bigger doesnt mean they have to book bigger names. The festival has a good vibe and name now, and usually sells out on that basis, I think they can afford to diversify a little and not have to rely on dross like S+P.

I think its good to see Wiley (not a huge fan of his flow, but its good to see some grime on the bill, personally I would have liked to have seen a boy better know showcase) and Ms Dynamite on the bill (as long as she's playing a proper garage set and not R+B!) on the bill, but I think I'll wait for further announcements to decide if I'm going or not.
Dead Rats

Post by Dead Rats »

I don't think BLOC has a problem with diversity, to be honest. You only have to look at the initial line-up to see that we've got IDM, Dubstep, Electronica, Trance, Garage and Grime. The festival has a great vibe and a great name, this is true, and I think it's for this very reason they got Salt n' Pepa to play - It's going to be a bit of fun. Why not?

I generally have alot of faith in Bloc's line-up, so much so that I'd buy a ticket before anything has even been announced. And besides, didn't they announce Aphex around New Years last year?
beer

Post by beer »

loopymustard wrote:AUX 88
(as they are over for bangface weekend)

AUX88 would be sweet.
Flowery Baps

Post by Flowery Baps »

Depth Charge
Floating points
Remarc
Boxcutter
Parliament/Funkadelic..........better curve-ball that Salt n peppa IMHO
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

Flowery Baps wrote: Parliament/Funkadelic..........better curve-ball that Salt n peppa IMHO
parliament would be amazin...we seen them in dublin 2 yrs ago and george had to be pretty much dragged off the stage after a 7 hour set. talk about commitment to the funky cause :) best value for money i've ever got at a gig without doubt.
plus the guitarist is a 6ft black guy with really long dreads wearing nout but a nappy for the whole time! (it looked as awesome as it sounds!)
Das k k k took mein baby away
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

Warpiggy wrote:
Flowery Baps wrote: Parliament/Funkadelic..........better curve-ball that Salt n peppa IMHO
parliament would be amazin...we seen them in dublin 2 yrs ago and george had to be pretty much dragged off the stage after a 7 hour set. talk about commitment to the funky cause :) best value for money i've ever got at a gig without doubt.
plus the guitarist is a 6ft black guy with really long dreads wearing nout but a nappy for the whole time! (it looked as awesome as it sounds!)
man that sounds amazing!
soundcloud.com/agent808
Flowery Baps

Post by Flowery Baps »

Aye, Ive seen George both times he played Dublin:) The first one he played on his birthday was spectacular. Second one was not quite as good imo. Blackbird McKnight on guitar was poor and Bernie Worrell wasn't playin.
Really need Bernie in the line up TBH.......fuck it, Bloc should also try and get Bootzy as well, imagine that! :boobs: (N.B: I dont even know what this wee emoticon means, but I love it)
evilShenanigan

Post by evilShenanigan »

Flowery Baps wrote: :boobs: (N.B: I dont even know what this wee emoticon means, but I love it)
Means you're a motorboatin son of a bitch! You old sailor you!

;)
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

Flowery Baps wrote: Second one was not quite as good imo. Blackbird McKnight on guitar was poor and Bernie Worrell wasn't playin.
was that about 2 yrs ago in the tripod?
Flowery Baps

Post by Flowery Baps »

Aye, think so.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

i had great fun at that gig :D but in fairness it was my first time seein them so had nuthin to compare it against. seen them again at electric picnic tho last year and thought they were pretty whack.