Mad Mike from UR's new year message...

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

BLOCwknd

Mad Mike from UR's new year message...

Post by BLOCwknd »

From Submerge Detroit -

"Submerge would like to sincerely thank everybody for yet another year of underground music! Is vinyl dead?Is Detroit dead? Well according to all of you guys...................hell fuck naw!! We are like the energizer bunny while others fall off and die we just keep going and going and going!! Speaking of "falling off" it is becoming apparent that many large distributors and retailers are falling off. And often this worries people as to the life expentancy of vinyl. Do not fear!! Its simple...........................when you sell bullshit.................eventually people figure it out!! When you buy according to the latest magazines and fads that feature the latest $3000 a month publicist backed artists dont feel bad when people dont buy the shit cause it doesnt work on the dancefloor!! This music lives,breathes and dies on top of some 1200's and in the hearts of the people dancing to it. No amount of publicity, hype or fashion can dress up a turd or purchase a child of the underground. So people UR truly the spirit that keeps all of this alive. We will continue to struggle with our low fi, basement/bedroom productions,edited by crazy ass Floyd on the 1/4" 2 track,artwork by Haqq or Frankie on their Mac's,mastered by grumpy ass Ron Murphy, plated by Desmond @ Mastercraft, pressed by Mike, Kenny or Andy at Archers on the eastside, picked up by one of my "just outta jail" or "addict in recovery" crew who i always have to give a job to or it just wouldnt be me, packed and shipped by my sister Bridgette in a recycled box thats probably been around the world 10 times and pissed on by my dog Tank and then faithfully picked up by our UPS man Matt everyday at 4pm and shipped to "Everywhere, Planet Earth zip code 33 1/3. When this much reality and soul touches every record you buy from here it really makes a digital download seem quite void and vunerable. Circles have no end!! Long Live Vinyl and Happy New Years to you and yours...................................."

Mad Mike/UR/Submerge

YES!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

This is so smooth.
georgehull

Post by georgehull »

i love this bit

"No amount of publicity, hype or fashion can dress up a turd or purchase a child of the underground"

you tell 'em mike!
http/www.baselogic.net/ - dynamic audio assault from people who care
BLOCwknd

Re: Mad Mike from UR's new year message...

Post by BLOCwknd »

just saw this old post and thought it was worth a bump :)