were the dancers in the centre bloc men or women?

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

tinpot_creos

Post by tinpot_creos »

I thought they were pretty cool, they seemed to have a set dance for a couple of songs that seemed like the dancing in an Aphex Twin video so I thought they'd been brought in for Aphex Twin but then I saw them in all the arenas.
duff-paddy

Post by duff-paddy »

irishemma wrote:I wondered at Green Velvet when I was near the back but honestly I think they were all men
Took this during Green Velvet's set :
tekone

Post by tekone »

that photo is really good......

that is defo a lady!!!!
Sombience

Post by Sombience »

Found this backstage photo, might help solve the mystery...

From micheeky's flickr stream, posted on Bloc's myspace comments
http://www.flickr.com/photos/micheeky/
(Cheers for the great pics, mate!)
idamonster

Dancers?

Post by idamonster »

The dancers were awful! I'm sure they were nice girls but they obviously didn't get the music and had never been to a proper gig to see how people really do it. I'd rather no dancers than those who aren't up for it. The girls did well to try to dance to music they didn't understand but I found it really off-putting a lot of the time. Particularly when they tried to look sexy... one of them was almost humping the floor at one point! It was like a bad ad for a Ministry of Sound CD.
Stussy73

Post by Stussy73 »

Sombience wrote:Found this backstage photo, might help solve the mystery...

From micheeky's flickr stream, posted on Bloc's myspace comments
http://www.flickr.com/photos/micheeky/
(Cheers for the great pics, mate!)
Second from the right is the one that had me, (even from 40ft away), convinced they were blokes. Despite him have the biggest boobs / moobs / fakies?
tekone

to idamonster

Post by tekone »

BLOC
Last edited by tekone on Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
tekone

Re: Dancers?

Post by tekone »

idamonster wrote:The dancers were awful! I'm sure they were nice girls but they obviously didn't get the music and had never been to a proper gig to see how people really do it. I'd rather no dancers than those who aren't up for it. The girls did well to try to dance to music they didn't understand but I found it really off-putting a lot of the time. Particularly when they tried to look sexy... one of them was almost humping the floor at one point! It was like a bad ad for a Ministry of Sound CD.
well, bloc is not like MoS, and the dancers there will differ from dancers at bloc. I think that the dancers at bloc, although very confusing, were perfect, they were very unconventional, allowing peoples minds to wander into strange places, just like the rest of bloc does!!

I dont think you got ther dancers, sorry to say....
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

hehe yeh mate it's all just for fun... it's supposed to be a party!
tekone

Post by tekone »

the best party i ever been too
idamonster

Post by idamonster »

tekone wrote:
idamonster wrote:The dancers were awful! I'm sure they were nice girls but they obviously didn't get the music and had never been to a proper gig to see how people really do it. I'd rather no dancers than those who aren't up for it. The girls did well to try to dance to music they didn't understand but I found it really off-putting a lot of the time. Particularly when they tried to look sexy... one of them was almost humping the floor at one point! It was like a bad ad for a Ministry of Sound CD.
well, bloc is not like MoS, and the dancers there will differ from dancers at bloc. I think that the dancers at bloc, although very confusing, were perfect, they were very unconventional, allowing peoples minds to wander into strange places, just like the rest of bloc does!!

Maybe you misunderstood... dancers on the Ministry of Sound ads are shite. That's why I was comparing them... not contrasting them.

Glad you liked them but I found them off-putting...

Ah well, each to their own, eh?
tekone

Post by tekone »

idamonster wrote:
tekone wrote:

Maybe you misunderstood... dancers on the Ministry of Sound ads are shite. That's why I was comparing them... not contrasting them.

Glad you liked them but I found them off-putting...

Ah well, each to their own, eh?

horses for courses as they say.......