BLOC WEEKEND, Press release # 2, please distribute...

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

BLOCwknd

BLOC WEEKEND, Press release # 2, please distribute...

Post by BLOCwknd »

BLOC WEEKEND 23rd – 25th March 2007. Pontin’s Holiday Park, Hemsby, Norfolk, UK.

BLOC weekend is three crisp, glorious spring days set to the soundtrack of the wildest talents in quality independent electronic music. BLOC is held in a self-contained holiday park complex. It houses three indoor arenas powered by a lunatic battery of sound, light, visual and laser systems. Every last nanosecond is crammed full by the masters of rave.

BLOC will be hosting 60+ international acts, featuring but not limited to:

Kool Keith / TTC / Pest / Silicon Scally / Clark / Wevie Stonder / Iration Steppas / Plastician / Digital Mystikz / Exile / Dead Silence Syndicate band / Dylan / Technical Itch / Noisia / Disco D / Aux 88 / Marco Passarani / Jerome Hill / CJ Bolland / The Advent / Cutlass Supreme / Alex Smoke / Vector Lovers

... plus a whole bunch more! Full Lineup TBA 30th October 06.

The BassBloc and TecBloc arenas are open until 6AM on Friday, all day Saturday until 6AM and then the whole day on Sunday. The SmashBloc arena is open a boneshaking 24 hours a day. These opening hours are unique among early-closing UK festivals, and the bars in these arenas serving drinks at reassuringly non-extortionate pub prices.

And everybody knows leaking tents, bivouacs and sketchy bits of tarpaulin on sticks are for boy scouts and men on the run – those attending BLOC will be free from weather worries: all blocheads are housed in luxurious self-catered heated chalet accommodation on site for the whole weekend, ensuite and equipped with beds, kitchen, showers and all mod cons*. The seaside holiday park also boasts private apartment accommodation, 24hr pub price bars, swimming pool, gokarts and all lots of other holiday treats.

So there you have it. 2200 Blocheads holed up in a holiday chalet in a luxury park getting their lives reinforced by the biggest and best line-up assembled in the UK for a whole generation. See you there.

The event is being curated and run by BaseLogic, record label and long standing promoters of Brighton club night BLOC and Norwich's Analogue:Digital. For more information about past events and label, please visit the history section of our website.

TICKETS: 0870 604 5606 (Mon-Sat: 8:30am-8:30pm, Sun: 9am-5pm). Quote ref. BLOC. INFO: 0870 8031 626 (Mon-Fri 10pm)

* corby trouser press not included

ImageImage

BLOC Weekend. 23rd - 25th March 2007.
Pontin's Holiday Park, Hemsby, Norfolk UK

e: press@baselogic.net
t: 0870 8031626
w: www.blocweekend.com
m: www.myspace.com/blocweekend

james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Great job guys, I'll spead the word as far as I can reach. Line up looks supahawt.
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

FULL WEBSITE ONLINE

http://www.blocweekend.com
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

cannot wait for next year, this is going to be an amazing weekend right on our nor-folk door step! winner
bracket

Post by bracket »

Yeh big up.

Im telling as many people as I can...
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Oi oi!

I have been telling people about this but it appears nobody knows about it yet. Just a sugestion that perhaps you should send the press release to efestivals and virtual festivals websites. They get a LOT of hits from festy goers and it will deffinately drum up interest. I seem to remember dedbeat sam being interviewed on the virtual festivals website and everything.
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

cheers dan

we've just done a preliminary announcements before the full lineup comes out at the end of the month. we're just waiting for the last confirmations at the moment.

we'll be printing up a couple of flyers as well at some point i reckon...

patience grasshopper.
Ali

Post by Ali »

what soundsystem you gettin in for the main rooms?

+ wheres the local acts?
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

rig - [url]www.audioresolution.co.uk[/url] (keiran lowe).

lineup out lataa... we're only talking big people at the moment but the rest will come...