cool. nice flyer
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
Sintec

Post by Sintec »

Sintec

Biogs

Post by Sintec »

Cdatakill:

Cdatakill is Zak Roberts, a musician based in Denver, Colorado. The project started in the late 1990's, on the
ashes of Robert’s project under the name DJ Rabies.
Ever since its inception, Cdatakill caught the attention of the breakcore and industrial scenes, and released
several 12'' released on Zhark International, Suburban Trash, Eupholus, Hardline Rekordingz and No Room
For Talent, as well as tracks on compilations for DHR, Cross Fade Entertainment (Christoph de Babalon's
label), Irritant, Component Records or Dtrash.
"Paradise" was the first output on CD by Cdatakill. It features a whole new album (the first CD) and a re-release
of " Brazilian Nightmare ", an ambient album which had been released in 2002 on CDR by Eupholus.
As a bonus, remixes by Jason Snell (Bombardier), Matt Demmon (Eupholus) and Stick have been added to
this second CD. This album was a new direction for Cdatakill, moving from the very hard beats and broken
structures (as his split releases with Abelcain or Low Entropy can testify), this new album displays more
warmth and complexity,
“The Cursed Species”, Cdatakill’s second CD album, was released on Ad Noiseam in October 2004. A hard
and mean album, this one takes the whole “rave is back” anthic and twists it in the Cdatakill way. Speaking of
how old-school sounds and energy are reappearing on the front stage, Zak Roberts said “I wanted to reclaim
them, make them mine, not leave them to happy hardcore”. No atmospheric tracks this time around, but a
major effort in building coherent and complex tracks. He adds “I think my future tracks are going to be a lot
more experimental, but this one had to be hard. And hard it is.
Zak Roberts is now preparing for live shows both in Norh America and in Europe and for new releases and
collaborations.

Larvae
The Atlanta, GA based project Larvae has been active for 5 years, founded by Matthew Jeanes, who used to
play keyboard for the indie rock band Underwater. Focusing on electronic music and influenced by such
genres as hip-hop, leftfield, drum’n’bass and downtempo, Larvae rapidly became Jeanes’s main output, and
the one in which he could best mix his taste for soulful music, social message and video installations.
Very active live, Larvae played numerous concerts before being signed to Germany’s Ad Noiseam label, on
which the band released a CD ep and an album, before going on tour in the USA and Europe to support
these discs.
Larvae "take an energetic beat and ties it next to corrupted tweaks, bleeps and strange audio manipulations"
(Igloomag), blending various brands of current electronica with their view of today society, and coming up
with a music described as highly innovative, very well produced and definitely varied. Mixing deep basses,
beats that goes from head banging to body shaking, and infectious hip hop and drum'n'bass rhythms, this
project is clearly having an uncommon impact by throwing new lines on talented styles which meet far too
seldom, setting "another step towards a glorious musical renaissance within the industrial genre"
(Immanence magazine). Larvae come to "warp your minds and clutter your eardrums" (Brainwashed
magazine).
Speaking of the latest Larvae album, Jeanes says “Fashion Victim is about my frustration with fashion,
image, and superficiality taking precedent over substance”. And indeed, this album is one of rich content,
presented even more during the Larvae live shows, in which each track is underlined by a specific video
work displaying Larvae’s take at social behaviours, fashion objectification and the influence of information
overload.
Larvae played their first European tour in October 2004 (following one in North America in the spring of this
year), which took this act to Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Denmark and Switzerland. Jeanes’s
extensive experience of live shows paid off, and had crowds to a thousand people dance to his music.
Larvae know how to move their crowd and integrate in their concerts specially designed visuals, providing an
extra stimulus to a driving music which does not only impress the brain, but also make feet move. Larvae
have in the past performed with such acts as Plastikman, Amon Tobin, Scorn, Robert Görl, Enduser,
Xanopticon, and Panacea, including a much remarked performance at the 2004 edition of the Detroit
Electronic Music Festival (America’s biggest festival for Electronic Music).
Kenny
Site Admin

Post by Kenny »

Looking good, if my term finishes in time i'll definitely be up for this.
Sintec

Post by Sintec »

We're still looking for a support band for this gig, any interested parties please contact me at sintec@ntlworld.com

I'm preferably looking for someone wanting to do a live electronica/breakcore/breakbeat set. Although other offers will be considered if not for this party then a future one:)
Sintec

Post by Sintec »

Looks like this will be the last Sin Technologies event for the summer. So don't miss it...
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Just got hold of the Larvae - Empire 12" with all the starwars style breakcorefuckery on it. Pretty fun little twelve, looking forward to the show.