New Tribe Called Quest LP

Say what you will.

Moderators: james, DannyBee, tom p

james
Site Admin

New Tribe Called Quest LP

Post by james »

ATCQ are apparently to drop a new LP in the winter.
A Tribe Called Quest's Phife Dawg says fans should expect the first single from his group's reunion LP to drop in the fall and the album in the winter — the winter of 2004, that is. No, the Tribe's full-fledged reformation isn't going to blast off right away, but we will get a taste of what's to come very soon....

...."Our records sound like we never left," Phife beamed last week on the phone from San Diego. "The chemistry never dwindled. We saw each other for the first time in a minute, but it sounded like we never stopped recording with each other. The voices are pretty much the same. Tip's still got the whole nasal, abstract thing going on. My voice grew a little bit ... that's the only difference, my voice sounds a little older.
Full Story --> http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/147942 ... uest.jhtml

Tip and Phife have also been hooking up live. They gave a surprise performance at a De La show in L.A. playing some classics like 'Check The Rhyme" and "Award Tour". It would be good to see.

I just hope to God that they don't ruin the Tribes legacy by releasing a really horrible LP. [-o<
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: New Tribe Called Quest LP

Post by Kenny »

james wrote:I just hope to God that they don't ruin the Tribes legacy by releasing a really horrible LP. [-o<
Its ok, according to me Pharcyde didn't release anything after Labcabin, and KRS One never worked with Puffy.

Also, the Matrix ended at the Animatrix. Lying to myself to be happy? never.
Ra

Post by Ra »

Hehe that's totally true.

They didn't do anything good since midnight marauder anyway, right ?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

There are more than three albums?!? ;)
Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Post by Hénrí »

Im sooooooooo excited bout this!
Tribe Split up? never.
Kenny
Site Admin

Post by Kenny »

What are the odds on DOOM featuring on this, and keeping up his record of being on every new hip hop album this year?