The Olympics - how much do you care?

Say what you will.

Moderators: james, DannyBee, tom p

james
Site Admin

The Olympics - how much do you care?

Post by james »

The games are underway and the Brits are shuffling home a few medals here and there, but does it really mean anything to you?

Are you up at the crack of dawn to watch Sue Barker talk about the latest developments or wouldn't you notice if the Olympic stadium in Athens disappeared tomorrow?
Taken shortly after watching the matrix.

I personally enjoy the beach ladies volleyball more than I should. The underwater cameras for the swimming give you a far better insight into the swimming events opposed to watching manic splashing on the surface. (I'm sure those people are born with gills.) Gymnastics just looks impossible, especially on the floor when they do the corner to corner tumbles.

Which events do you think are great and are there any you think are just pointless?

(I am not a fan of wrestling, but dang this looks painful....)
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

Most of its a bit boring, but it can be entertaining to watch.....it just a bitch that they've taken neighbours off the air for it

Seen a bit of the 17 year old british kid in the lightweight boxing who is ripping it up a bit and saw an interview with him after his first fight with him speaking like a right little london town rudeboy, innit blud. But he has just beaten the european champion!

The swimmers look like fish when they turn around at the end and wiggle under the water

To be honest, id rather have neighbours on my tv.....but it is entertaining
Ra

Post by Ra »

C'est de la merde.
Professeur Monologue

Post by Professeur Monologue »

I'm a fan, I haven't went out for one week (ok I usually don't go out much more...)
I 'm able to watch almost everysports, I even watched the end of some horse event to know if the french could grab the gold medal (and god knows how boring it is)

I was disapointed by brazilian beach volley girls, I was expecting much more from their bodies
gymnastics looks impossible, especially they don't look like real human beings, they are frightening, the girls look like deformed pixies, they are 18 and look like 12

Ra should limit himself to posting for his album, and not disturbing people
Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Post by Hénrí »

The b-ball is very dissappointing, im now watching the speed cycling and thats pretty damn dull. Thy gymnastics as you all say is awsome including the tumpling and oh my god the rings! Swimming = dull, sailing = dull, archery = ok for 3 minutes, all track & field = dull, am i just a boring grumpy old man? plus the judo is lame. But the boxing is pretty cool, the rude boy for team gb is pretty good.
Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Post by Hénrí »

I take some of that back, the cycling was well exciting, plus we just won! ha ha, olympic record too.
willy the piss

Post by willy the piss »

ra, des mots comme celles-la sont résérvés pour les halles de billards...
probably somewhat lost in the translation
james was you that i was talking to about swimmers being a bit fishy?

oink oink :humping:
maybe the sunken ship is the treasure
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hénrí wrote:I take some of that back, the cycling was well exciting, plus we just won! ha ha, olympic record too.
Yeah, I watched some yesterday and they had the teams of four which is neat as they rotate the leading position to maintain maximum speed.

Big news at the moment is Paula Radcliffe couldn't finish the marathon.

It's pretty funny, talk about anti-climatic. People seem to be suggesting that she was unable to complete the run due to the hot conditions. This seems lame as it isn't as though Athens was chosen last minute as the venue for the games. She has known for years that it will take place here [and you would think] take preparatory measures to counter the heat. It's not as though it's surprise 'freak' weather conditions to have blazing sun in Greece!

Maybe it's not as simple as that :roll:

Awww, there there, better luck next time.

Full Story --> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic ... 589138.stm
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

HAHA stoopid women, as you can see i have managed to get myself back online,YEAH!
the olympics is great, i never new how many different kind of sport there is.every bored minute i spend at home is spent watching some thing sporting.
keep your eyes on amir khan lil gbr boxer who is the greatest, and that is no exageration.
L
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

Yea hes in the final now

Paula radcliffe is a twat, i watched her press conference afterwards and she was in pieces....granted it would be harsh fucking up a life long dream but pull yourself together woman, she just looked like such a spacker that was going to have a breakdown.......shes so blatently gonna fuck up the other race shes entered as well (tonight i think)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

MikeTheBarber wrote:shes so blatently gonna fuck up the other race shes entered as well (tonight i think)
Well she certainly did, but another star of the track surfaced from the games. The lady that has never quite done it but she pulled out all the strings for Athens clutching gold in both the 800m and the 1500m; Kelly Holmes.

Can I win both races?

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but upon finishing the 800m, her eyes were about to pop out her head.

Good for her though.

Then the 1500 aswell

She = Happy

Another super-shock was that the Brits managed to win gold in the 4 x 100m beating the seemingly unstoppable yankidoodlewotsits. Good job.

Happy Chappy.

And it's all over.......for another 4 years.