Bloc TV 2009

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

ya_dancer

Re: BTV 2

Post by ya_dancer »

LegsAche wrote:
CyberMonkey wrote:
Am I the only one who couldn't find the second bloc channel?
We watched it for like 1/2 hour on the Friday night before we hit the stages but then couldn't find it again. Weird.

Saw a bonkers film at around 6am on Sunday night/Monday morning about a guy with glasses in some sketchy mad-max style desert town. Ends up pissing off this shamen-type dude so to settle their differences they break out into a guitar battle!

What a mind-meld. Anyone know what film this was?
I was watching that with the volume down whislt listening to a variety of detroit techno mixes and I remember saying to myself I'm gonna remember that....but then I was foolishly polishing off the spacey stuff that we had left. Try the bloc tv website....

We also only had one bloc channel all weekend. Watching cbeebies on sunday afternoon was fucked up.
chrisclarksda

Post by chrisclarksda »

Rogue Molecule wrote:I remember watching some quite chilled thing then all of a sudden it turned into screaming children, flashing evil faces and psychedelic gravestones. Must have completely flipped out some of the worse casualties. Sick bastards!
Was that by any chance at 7am Saturday morning? If so i seen that and it was fucked up to the max!
stripeyhat

Post by stripeyhat »

We were told by someone working on Bloc TV that because Butlins had removed all the remote controls we couldn't retune the TVs - hence no second channel!

We didn't watch much of it anyway - oh except Tipper, and that really annoyed us as we'd meant to see him, missed him, and his set sounded mint!! Doh!
CyberMonkey

Post by CyberMonkey »

The folder of butlins itself said that channels 2 and 13 were programmed for venue stuff. Channel 2 was indeed one bloc channel, but 13 was just a lot of noise and soccer.
abbotsgroove

Re: BTV 2

Post by abbotsgroove »

LegsAche wrote:
CyberMonkey wrote:
Am I the only one who couldn't find the second bloc channel?
We watched it for like 1/2 hour on the Friday night before we hit the stages but then couldn't find it again. Weird.

Saw a bonkers film at around 6am on Sunday night/Monday morning about a guy with glasses in some sketchy mad-max style desert town. Ends up pissing off this shamen-type dude so to settle their differences they break out into a guitar battle!

What a mind-meld. Anyone know what film this was?

This is called Six String Samurai (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118736/)

Great film!
dave87

Post by dave87 »

Ours was only in B+W!

There were some sketchy Aphex videos then we watched the incredibly innocent "The Red Balloon" film by Lamorisse [1956].

Surreal doesn't cover it!
Obel

Post by Obel »

It was all about Tokyo Gore Police for me, fucking awesome!

That and Superjail!
l3m4nt

Post by l3m4nt »

BlocTV::

BlocTV

Post by BlocTV:: »

Wow what an amazing weekend. Thanks to the Bloc crew for making 2009 better than ever,,, only just recovering form this year but can't wait till 2010 already!

Glad you all enjoyed the BlocTV Channels (those of you who managed to get both). We were also filming some of the performances, many of which are now online here:

www.bloctv.com

and here:

www.youtube.com/bloctv

more clips will follow in the coming weeks.

peace and love from bloctv

:twisted:
lizard hi tone

Post by lizard hi tone »

I thought there was only one channel in the end which was why they hardly screened any footage of the music. Gotta say I saw some great stuff like Superjail and some great vjing but far far too much extreme gore, seemed to be all there was every night when we got back. Got too boring for me and completely freaked out alot of people i spoke to. You guys are some sadistic programmers, bet you were sitting in the broadcast room cackling, "ahahahahaha, i wonder how many people on site are at this very moment crying and banging their heads against the wall!"......

More late-night variation next year please. More life-changing seminal moments of cinema and music footage, less throw-away gore and post-modern toss.

Thanks for putting bloc tv on regardless! :D
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

it been fukked up mayhem every year and it's been great fun...why would they start changin up now?
Das k k k took mein baby away
edd

Post by edd »

bloc tv rules lol the kinda shit that you can just sit and watch without thinking lol

by the way does anyone know the name of that sponge bob remix that was on? 'f is for friendship f is for fun'

that japanese film about punks and space invading apes was pretty sweet aswell :P
l3m4nt

Post by l3m4nt »

and how bout that remix of the Itchy and Scratchy show ... does anyone know where that one came from?
treepr0g

Post by treepr0g »

Seeing Tim Exile on bloctv made us go and see him live the next night - quite an innovator and has some great spontaneous sampling skills but mad as a box of frogs !
Anyone see the odd film on Monday morning around 10am about the baby that was raised by massive aliens? My mate turned it off as it was doing his noodle in...
treepr0g

Post by treepr0g »

And spongebob as above - made a change from watching it at home with my kids !