Post by stripeyhat »

Cripes, I thought Hemsby was far from Manchester :shock: :lol:
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

it'll be worth it when you get there...

stripeyhat

Post by stripeyhat »

I don't doubt that for a second - and there's a waterpark too!! :D

I appear to have spent the last hour at work reading the Bloc and Butlins websites repeatedly :lol:
lisaslag

Post by lisaslag »

Wow this looks amazing!! well done. im getting excited already!
Stussy73

Post by Stussy73 »

Gone from 175 miles to 179 for me. An extra 4 miles...not sure if it's worth it?

:lol:

Looks superb, just make sure the sound is as good as Hemsby! We're not there for fancy chalets, we're there for tunes!
cakeface

Post by cakeface »

any one know how many tickets are available this year , I just hope its not too big , that was one of my favorite things about bloc.it was intimate and you didnt have to walk too far to move from venue to venue , or shalet to venue.
machineisbored

Post by machineisbored »

I heard double last year's population - but don't quote me on that.

Bit gutted at the new venue - our trip's gone from 20 to 300 miles.. Norwich heads are aching. Then again, being back home in time for lunch last time did seem a bit too easy.

Might have to make it a two-part journey - Bloc pre-party in London on the Thurs anyone?
evilShenanigan

Post by evilShenanigan »

Bound to be great... but there will be the inevitable 'its not Hemsby' malarkey.

Down with them I say, on to Minehead ta fook!
Sho'Nuff

Post by Sho'Nuff »

cakeface wrote:any one know how many tickets are available this year , I just hope its not too big , that was one of my favorite things about bloc.it was intimate and you didnt have to walk too far to move from venue to venue , or shalet to venue.
Thats what i want to know. The new venue change is a massive 300+ mile drive from us but that isn't my concern. With a venue of that size numbers are sure to go up and in my opinion loosing all together what makes bloc special. :cry:
Am I the meanest?
Am I the prettiest?
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

We norwich boys and girls where completely spoilt the last couple of years, i don't mind the travel it will be well worth it!
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

Went to this venue for ATP last year.For sound one of the rooms was excellent, however in the main big room the acoustics were awful, it was very bright, and as a result had no atmosphere. Is anything going to be done to improve these stuffs?
you will fry!
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

ahrkboob wrote:Went to this venue for ATP last year.For sound one of the rooms was excellent, however in the main big room the acoustics were awful, it was very bright, and as a result had no atmosphere. Is anything going to be done to improve these stuffs?
Glad this has been raised -

We're well aware of the issues surrounding the 'Skyline Pavillion' which ATP use as a main stage. We're shifting the focus in there and using the space in a very different way. The Skyline is going to be more like a the central forum of the party with a big multimedia/visual element - our headliners will not be playing in there becuase, as you have rightly pointed out, it's not a great space for performance.

Instead, the main room at BLOC is going to be the massive 'Centre Stage' space which we've licensed til late and has great acoustics.
dab

Post by dab »

Likewise. Was at ATP and that main area didn't have much atmosphere/decent acoustics so wise munch BLOC people. It is a much nicer site than Hemsby but at least double the size. I'm sure the BLOCheads can ensure that the friendly nature is maintained though. The music finished bout 2/3 ish at ATP but again I'm sure we'll be well looked after through the night...
beattie

Post by beattie »

do we get to chase funny little red coats around?
beattie

Post by beattie »

beattie wrote:do we get to chase funny little red coats around?
also i am well fucking happy, minehead is an hour away..so i guess the hangin out my ass journey home aint gonna be so bad this year!!!anyone wanna stay at mine on the monday?lol..