db4

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

chancer #1

db4

Post by chancer #1 »

See youse bums there, at the bar, in us chalets, on the dancefloor!

;)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Let's 'ave it!
setwin

Post by setwin »

cani wait!!!

big up the the boiler suit massif
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
setwin

Post by setwin »

a fucking excellent time was had, good to see the norfolk massif out in full effect.

can't wait for dedbeat 5. see you all on the 19th
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Well, erm, wowee, that was fun....

Saw so many good things it is hard to give credit without missing something, but from the top of my noodle, kid606, knifehandchop, vibert all mashed it up. Atmosphere with Lucky.Iam was pretty neat, aswell as Sage Francis and Tes in the Lex showcase.

Ai Records was nice on the Friday and the Wang representatives did what they do best.... (anyone see the guy in the white tee get on stage and dance like he was selling nails?)

Don Letts & The Dub Cartel Soundsystem gave me just the right amount of dub and bass to skank to on the Sunday and amp fiddler had a mighty fine final set on Sunday night to tie everything up.

Well nearly everything....

The chalet party on Sunday night with Kid606 on his laptop and Ceephax mashing up the place and the bass with tapes was one to remember! I hope Shitmat's chalet wasn't too trashed and sorry for the damage I did in the bathroom, I hope the deposit found it's way back into his pocket.

As I struggle to grasp onto reality and swing my life back into normality I shall look forward to next year. The lengthy reel of photos shall be sorted and displayed before you know it so keep your eyes peeled and watch this space!
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

what a fun time was had, but i dont think my brain will ever be the same again......its been tweaked just a little bit from a bit too much substance abuse in all areas.....

gutted i missed the first half of knifehandchops set, but kid606, luke vibert, detroit in effect and plaid were all other highlights.........lory d was brilliant and i was heartbroken when it was over and they wouldnt let him play anymore music, didnt see too much hiphop, but sage ripped it and was possibly one of the best live hiphop acts ive seen..........anyone see biz markie, apparently he was miming?

the sunday night parties were mad with the hardcore mashup with kid606, ceephax and shitmat, and the follow on trip that was ceephax playing tapes into the early hours...........nice to see people dancing around to the theme from pigeon street and the theme from the crocketts and people brushing every single surface in the chalet with a broom........sweep it up, sweep it up........that was my highlight!

roll on 05
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

oh yea, before i forget.......maybe chalet ed can answer this........but what the fuck was "wet dog" all about?.......the screams of wet dog woke me up in the late morning both on saturday and sunday
Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Post by Hénrí »

i saw the biz, he wasnt miming he just wasnt rhyming over instrumentals like everyone else, so when the stopped rapping for a sec you heard the background track, if you get that i mean :s.

Sage was dope and knifehand & kik606 were rippin, my fave bit was definately Sam gabbering i out like a mad man to kid606.
bit gutted luke vibert didnt do any of his chillin stuff, even in the slump ranks, unless it was the first part of his set which i missed.

Loving it!
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

I have very few memories from the whole experience,it was good to see luke vibert and plaid. 2 acts that i can proudly say i have seen live.
Sam your right Sage is fucking good live,he puts so much into it and manages to make his music so much more lively.
the only real shame is that i have to wait a year for the next one.
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

hello all.
Phew. it's thursday & my eyes can finally focus enough to be able to write something on the uncollected forum. Good show all round i do believe. hands together for all involved - organisers, performers and best of all, you people..........the punters. Hoooorah!

Apologies for all who i spoke to/fell on/breathed on on saturday. you know you are (hopefully) cos i haven't a clue! Would love to see some photos if people have them. The batteries were flat in our camera and we were so lame that we didn't even managed to make it to the shop to get any more. There are some good ones here www.whatfreshhell.co.uk/dedbeat.html including a great one of my housemate - andy 'wet dog' dobbs. Be sure to scroll to the bottom and click on the more link! it must be Ceephax's site as he appears to be in nearly every picture!

Yeah, that wet dog thing! can't really explain it. in a drunken stuper my housemate just thought it would be a good idea to annoy the fuck out of everyone bu shouting that all weekend. hats off to the guy though - it worked! its quite catchy though....go on say it...you know you want to...........

WET DOG

Well, best go. hopefully see you all soon.

p.s remember chalet radio show starts on thursday 6th may on future radio 105.1fm. give us all the details for the next uncollected night and i'll plug it on air. or i suppose i could just get a flyer.....

see ya
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
thomas hooked

Post by thomas hooked »

hey that wasn't ceephax's site, its mine. i have no idea what he's doing in them i'm sure. just found this place on the referrals of my web stats. whats it all about then?
thomas hooked

Post by thomas hooked »

and which ones andy dobbs then?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

thomas hooked wrote:hey that wasn't ceephax's site, its mine. i have no idea what he's doing in them i'm sure. just found this place on the referrals of my web stats.
'allo. Some nice photos there, looked like you enjoyed the weekend as much as the rest of us.
thomas hooked wrote:whats it all about then?
It's all about the music, we put on some parties now and then (next one 19th May lalalala) and we're putting together a sampler at the moment.
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

hello Mr Hooked. Welcome. Andy Dobbs is the Guy wearing the "this is a souvenir" t-shirt being slapped by the "A-wax Krew" security bloke. I think it was about 6.00 on sat morning. i kinda remember someone shoving a camera at him. Well, i hope you enjoy your stay here....
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com
Chalet Ed

Post by Chalet Ed »

Ooooooh, & ive just spotted the back of my head from a photo in shitmat's chalet on sunday night. the fame!
BEATS BREAKS BLEEPS
www.chaletrecords.com