How was it?!?!

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

ya_dancer

Post by ya_dancer »

agree with comment by I love acid about UR being really disappointing. maybe a dj set from mad mike would've been better rather than the live band lark.

I also thought skream was cheesey as fuck. the guy doesn't know how to play a record from start to finish without rewinding it 10 times.

I reckon next year bloc needs to get a good deal of italo disco on the go.
padZtar

the list...

Post by padZtar »

Hey, that was truly a fantastic weekend! Music and people were awesome!!! Hello to anyone I met, hope you're coming around abit :)

My list:

Boxcutter
Amon Tobin (what a welcome to the weekend! Really set the mood.)
Skream
Kode 9 and Spaceape
Scorn (utterly SICK!!!)
(the list goes on...)

Brilliant!

K hole... golly...
Moer

Post by Moer »

Scorn was sick as usual!
I believe in everything until it's disproved. It all exists, even if it's in your mind - John Lennon
mossadon

Post by mossadon »

YUP! THAT was a HUM DINGER! yessireeBOB!

Me n the crew had a most splendid time of it, being naughty and dancing all night to some of the best electronic music around!

My highlights:
Karl Bartos. Super kool, uber clear n loud sound & a set full of Classic Kraftwerk alongside his new gear. Loved it.

Mr Velcro Fastner. I know they're good, but, WOW! Awesome show from the boys. They turned a few heads that night, I heard a lot of "Mr Velcro..!!!...brilliant!"

Manasyt. Sick as ever! Twisted electro, off key notes and difficult melodies blended superbly with ruff tough beats. Take a bow, sir!

Edmx. A better finish for the first night there couldn't have been. Inspired as always, varied and funky.

Dexorcist. Fuck the fire alarms! His set was killer!

Red Snapper. Can't knock that english jazz funk groove! superb. Needed some vocals tho.

Big up to everyone who made it into the Smashbloc for the sunday night final session. It was a joy to squeeze between Shelly Parker & Bass Junkie to slam down the weekends best in old school electro and Miami Bass pressure...hope y'all enjoyed it as much as me!!!

Big UPs! to all the Bloc crew behind the scenes, all i can say is...
ssssssSSSSSSSSCHMMMMOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOVE!

Shout outs:
Key, Chia, Jon & Frequency Radio crew. A pleasure as always.
Simon / Coded Soul. Sorry I missed the set bro! =( Bloody good feelings in me heart seein ya doin the do tho, ma lickle bro!
YORK REPRESENT!!!
Ben / Cosmic Force - seein how the brits get messy! Good to see ya there bro. I witnessed George say you should play! =D
Steve Auxilic & Crew - Well met!
Kinder - Driver and all round Gaz Guzzlin champion!
Ben (from London) Trying for the Gas Guzzlin championship and smilin wide all weekend.
Manasyt & lady friend - Good to see ya again bro - that was a bad ass set. Watch out with those firey long dark haired mediterranean girls!
The Dutch crew - Brief but always good to see y'all, esp' Mr Frustrated Funk, nearly crushed me ina bear hug!
Lloyd, Skunky & Diplomat - Cheers fellas!
Ed & Mrs. Sort that ear out! Remember, dex, your place, 2 copies of everything - session on!
The Derby Crew in the chalet next door - Mad Heads!
Dave (from London). Well met, that man!
Mr Velcro fastner. Top boys! Fine brains and able electrofunkateers!
Finally, the crew... Emma (LOVE!) Woz, Ben, Joe & Rhian! THANK YOU!
Olivia: That's quite a tie.
Lovecraft: Oh, thanks.
Olivia: Put up much of a fight?
Lovecraft: No, I snook up behind it.
beer

Post by beer »

Moer wrote:I'm almost forgetting to mention the proper techno set Subhead played, WOW!
we stayed the weekend with jason (subhead). how he even managed to play at that point was quite amazing.

get in touch if you spent any time at our chalet. there was alot of you.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

mossadon wrote:
Big up to everyone who made it into the Smashbloc for the sunday night final session. It was a joy to squeeze between Shelly Parker & Bass Junkie to slam down the weekends best in old school electro and Miami Bass pressure...hope y'all enjoyed it as much as me!!!
cheers for that boss, was one of the most unexpected highlights of the weekend. we thought we were dying on our feet till electro started us raving again!

was that when the dexorcist was givin it heaps on stage by himself? he's just a walking ball of electro!!!
Das k k k took mein baby away
ladylamb

Post by ladylamb »

OMG first Bloc ever............ won't be the last!!!!

Dave Clarke (nice to get some booty played before ripping my ear drums) ceefax (Class) AGT rave cru (gutted I only caught a bit due to getting up the courage to run thru the rain) Ben Sims and Tyree cooper(LEGENDARY why didn't he just play til 6 as scheduled and just done a longer set????) Mostly AMAZING music a couple of (with extra sarcasm) really happy looking guys behind there macs lacking the certain enthusiasm to make you want to rock also building up to nothing except starting to build up again.

Proper gutted cause I lost my play list anyone idea where I can get the line up so I can try and work out 'the lost DJ's' from my wkend?

Roll on next year......Maybe it will bring a little nicer weather and I defo want an upstairs appt, they were slightly warm which was an improvement on ours which was colder inside than it was outside!!!! It would of been nice to have a bit of a chill out area nr the main rooms so you could have a chill without embracing the freezing weather and chat to other blocites.

Does anyone know why the fun was cut short on Sunday?
Moer

Post by Moer »

I believe in everything until it's disproved. It all exists, even if it's in your mind - John Lennon
lisaslag

Post by lisaslag »

hey just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who organised,played and partied at BLOC. Had such a mental weekend. really enjoyed every single minute. my only upset was that we had to go home!!! i missed the buckfast meet up cos i only went to bed at about 11am on sat morning as we went down to see jerome hill which was just plain madness!!!
fenton

Post by fenton »

we didn't even turn up ourselves :D

the buckfast meetup was relocated somewhere, i am not sure.

dublinstep

Post by dublinstep »

lots of fun.
herod

Post by herod »

excellent excellent.
One of the best bloc / dedbeats ever.
well done and thanks to everyone who made it happen

highlights:
radioactiveman
wee djs
mannasyt
ed chamberlain
dynamix 11
a guy called gerald
phuture 303

wish i'd seen more.....!
mono

Post by mono »

herod wrote:excellent excellent.
One of the best bloc / dedbeats ever.
well done and thanks to everyone who made it happen

highlights:
radioactiveman
wee djs
mannasyt
ed chamberlain
dynamix 11
a guy called gerald
phuture 303

wish i'd seen more.....!
were the wee dj's the 2 guys in pink shirts that where doing a liveset in the pub with a girl singing on the end??
acid anonymous
AuxOut

Post by AuxOut »

That was Black E. I loved every minute of that.
mono

Post by mono »

ah, thanks AuxOut.
I really liked that set :)
acid anonymous