Sound system?

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

merangue

Sound system?

Post by merangue »

are they using the same sound system(s) as last year?
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

The tecbloc rig will remain pretty much the same - it sounded great and the room is already well sound proofed.

In the bassbloc, the outer doors on the far side of the room have now been renewed and more sound proofing has been done, so we should be able to run the system on full power all weekend. We will also be positioning the rig in different parts of the room to fill the larger space with bass without pissing off local residents.

As with too many festivals in the UK these days, issues with sound are usually caused by restrictions which have to be imposed on the systems (due to complaints and environmental health) rather than by the rigs themselves.

Holding the entire festival indoors is a big advantage with this though (it's how we manage to run the main rooms rght up til 6am) and the sound systems for BLOC come on 2 articulated lorries.

so fear not...
.ant

Post by .ant »

Sounding good so far but can I please request a better system in the pub bit!

Not louder, just more clear. It didn't do justice to the detailed production of Silicon Scally at all and that was the only slight let down of last year for me!
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

no problem!
merangue

Post by merangue »

i cant fookin wait!
russ

Post by russ »

can you please tell me what speakers you'll be using in each room? do any of the rooms use Funktion-One's?
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

yes - due to popular demmand using an 18 Cabinet Funktion One system in the main room (bassbloc) this year.

we thought the HK-audio R-series rig in the tecbloc was banging last year so we won't be changing that..

and we're putting HK-audio T-series in the smashbloc

alrite?
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Mmmmm Funktion One!

Those bad boy sound systems make me very happy indeed! Apart from perhaps at Glade last year when occasionally they weren't quite hitting their potential due to those horrible moaning neighbours!
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
twirlygirl

Post by twirlygirl »

Woo for Funktion One! Perfect for the bass arena, can't wait to find out about the mystery act who'll rock them! Hope the pontins holidaymakers don't mind too much...
OR-L

Post by OR-L »

yes yes yes a big Funktion One system for a massive sound !!!!
fenton

Post by fenton »

They have funktion two at bangface weekender, lucky cunts.
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

who cares about bangface???? i Dont!
Good work on the sound boy's.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

They have funktion two at bangface weekender, lucky cunts.
What a troll attempt! What the hell is a Funktion Two system anyway? Funktion one is a brand. They make mutiple configurations of speakers but not one called Funktion Two that I know of. I haven't heard anywhere what system they are using at Bangface actually. If I get a ticket I hope it's better than the one at Eletrowerkz. That can be a bit poo sometimes.

I would be interested to know what Funktion one system is being used at Bloc as it hasn't been mentioned? Is it the Dance Stack?

The Funktion One system at Corsica absolutely blows me away everytime I go! Bassy as hell, Loud but somehow never piercing or distorted. (Basically perfect!) Bring on the Bloc! :)
fenton

Post by fenton »

Nah Tony from fk1's son split away from the company and started knocking out pink fk2 bins at half price, then, Corsica studios got shut down (last night) when they found out room 3 used to be an abbatoir and was sourcing human flesh from hackney dog owners market on carpenters road, and then, selling it to kebab mans and jerk chicken racists on camberwell new road.

Mans from euston student halls set up a Corsica 2 in clapham and have been pumping out bare dubtek from their ohm smakstaks and even

have their own pirate radio station now.

Dunno if bloc want you to know but adam beyer has released a new EP on m_nus entitled 'bloc festival didn't pay me for my 4 hour set in 2007' and Magda has been caining it on her new friday night radio 1 slot.

I heard last night, however, that bangface will be using squarepusher's new binary cabs he designed over the summer after his loathing for funktion 1 became public at glade. I heard him miss two notes on 'the modern bass guitar' but that mix with jeff mills' the bells was safe.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

... and now everything makes sense!

:-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :-s :lsd: