DOME?.......

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

merangue

DOME?.......

Post by merangue »

I love bloc, love it and loved it this year, cant believe its over .....I was however a bit disappointed with the Dome tent capacity!

Can we next year get the acts that lots of people want to see put in an unused bloc room and not a sweaty little tent?!

Credit to Bloc, The Dome is cool and I don't think it should go, just maybe used for other things...........

suggestions onwards! :band:
DannyBee

Re: DOME?.......

Post by DannyBee »

I thought the dome was amazing but the acts were too big for it. I am kind of hoping that the festival was rammed enough to fill the Pub Bloc next year. That place bought me back to Hemsby raving days in some strange lovely way :)

I love acid curration was 100% completely awesome. Wish I'd have spent longer there but way too much good music.

Also EDMX playing Glass Room followed by Street Boys a rare. A rare bit of delightfulness. :)
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
curtdawg

Post by curtdawg »

Yep, really pissed off to miss a guy called gerald playing what must have been a special set - that que was ridiculous.
sideshow bob

Post by sideshow bob »

missed luke vibert due to q size but made it in for a guy called gerald and it was awesome the roof was class in the sweat dome
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

I only made it for a bit of DMX before my bladder got the better of me, but yeah that was my main grudge of the festival, given the amount of talent playing in there. Fair enough if they were also playing somewhere else during the festival too.

Also why was the Tec:Bloc shut on Sunday? I'm sure the same thing happened in '09 too...
"Dope on the table?" - Daniels
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

too small
too packed
too smelly

cool place but it was a shame big acts were playing in it. got in for a bit of global goon on sunday but drank my drink and was dying for a pee...at that stage i was trapped in the dome cos i knew if i left i wouldn't get back in. ended up leaving and being fairly pissed off...the goon was one of the heads i really wanted to see :( the dome kinda reminds me of silent disco...a novelty that doesn't really warrant more than one visit if you have to queue
Das k k k took mein baby away
Million

Post by Million »

yea why put the legend that is gerald on in a room thats smaller than my gaff with a festival of 500 people???
makes no sense

totally missed him
stripeyhat

Post by stripeyhat »

Yep, we all agreed the dome was too small for the people you had playing in there. It's a good idea for the Abelton demo things but definitely not for people that are going to be so popular. We missed most of the people we wanted to see in there and listening to the music whilst queuing was not the best :-(
Rogue Molecule

Post by Rogue Molecule »

Agreed. I missed several people I'd wanted to see (EDMX, Vibert, Mark Archer etc) because of it.

There's nothing really wrong with the venue itself but it's too small for big names. It's totally fine for a chill out/installation room but that's about it.
risk49

Post by risk49 »

Increase size x3 and we may be talkin sense, but yeah bit of a shame that as it was a great line-up and I missed most of it. Boo! That and severe clashes my only complaints from a truly great weekend.