fines eh?

Graffiti, paintings, photography, art, and everything in between.

Moderators: DannyBee, lew, MikeTheBarber

*The Daisies*

fines eh?

Post by *The Daisies* »

mailing list i'm on sent me this and me thinks it may be of interest to some of ya....the link doesn't seem to work but you can find out more at
www.uhc-collective.org.uk

UHC is proud to announce the launch of http://www.nomichelangelos.org a website documenting last summer's No Michelangelos collaboration between painter Jai Redman and the graffiti artists Sam Richardson and Joe Morris. The website has information about the project, images of the artwork and a video of the event, which took its name from the critical words of Judge Alan Berg when sentencing Joe and Sam in 2004.

Over 150 people came to the event and every piece of the 32-foot painting was sold, raising £600. Many thanks to all of you who bought a slice and to everyone who came along. Some of the proceeds went to pay a portion of the fines of the two graffiti artists involved and the remainder is now ready and waiting to go towards supporting other graffiti artists. If you know of any graffiti artists who have been criminalised that you think need a creative opportunity and/or would be interested in contributing to the project please email us at events_rsvp@uhc.org.uk

No Michelangelos received press coverage on Imagine FM, Under The Pavement; ALL FM, and articles appeared in both The South Manchester Reporter and the Big Issue.

We are interested in your thoughts and so if you have any suggestions or are interested in contributing to this campaign please email us at events_rsvp@uhc.org.uk

Happy New Year and see you at the next UHC Event!!