That's Birthday-wang

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

DannyBee

That's Birthday-wang

Post by DannyBee »

Well well well...

In a little over a month the lovely people over at Wang are putting up another stomper of a night at Corsica Studios.
Saturday 6th October 2007
guest will include:

REBUILD - A Guy Called Gerrald & Graham Massey (808 State)
Simian Mobile Disco
Andrew Weatherall
Uncle Buck

More info to follow soon.....

WE'RE BACK TO WAKE'EM AND SHAKE'EM
It's around the time of my Birthday so I want to give advance warning so as many people I know will head down! Thinking of going for drinks in Camden or near Old Street somewhere before hand. The lineup looks pretty killer too! The usual electro heroes mixed with the newer Simian and Uncle Buck who have been billed as an english 2many DJs and sound pretty good on there MySpaz.

So er yeah... Who's thinking of coming to this fine fine evening of fun and debauchery!? :) :o :D :lol:
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

count me in, boyee!
you will fry!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Updated Wang information for all you ravers...

Massive thanks to everyone who came and showed their support at the last event, it's great to be back! We have gone to great lengths to make the next event even better than the last. After the absolute mentalness when Squarepusher played live, the main room has been totally revamped, opened up and made larger, with much better airflow to keep all you nutters from getting quite sooo hot! We've also beefed up the sound in the second room to make it even louder and bassier!
We so glad you all like the new venue, and can't wait for....

Saturday 6th October 2007
WANG presents
REVIVAL Part II

Seminal Manchester acid hous
e legends Gerald Simpson and Graham Massey perform LIVE together for the first time since 1989. Utilising only the original analogue hardware machines, Graham and Gerald will be performing a 'back in the day' ultra rare live acid set under the name of
"REBUILD" - A Guy Called Gerald and Graham Massey (808 State).

This is a unique chance to see two of the founding fathers of the UK dance scene back together, playing live for the first time in nearly 20 years.
As if this wasn't enough for one night, we are also playing host to one of the biggest dance acts of this year, Simian Mobile Disco.

Just when you thought a line up couldn't get any bigger we also have the mighty Andrew Weatherall, finally popping his WANG cherry!

Topping all this off is Uncle Buck a double act who were spotted at their club night by Zane Lowe who asked them to support him on tour.

More guests to be announced.....

REVIVAL Part II!!
Old Fashioned - Soul Saving - Heart Warming
Back to the Bass Tabernacle
Corsica Studios, Unit 5, Farrell Court Elephant Road London SE17 1LB

This night of worship is bought to you by Electro Elvis and Lula, providing moral guidance to the masses since the turn of the millennium.

It's £10 in advance
Tickets are available online from WARPMART and in person from Sounds of the Universe/Soul Jazz
Come give praise in the church of rave
EVERY ONE INVITED
www.wanging.com
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Still can't get them on Warpmart though... :(
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

http://www.warprecords.com/mart/accesso ... ype=TICKET

I just got 4 for peeps (That's the most I could order)! Anyone else getting theres!? Only 8 days to go! :)
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

I've not got any money until my student loan comes through
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Jarmes!? Could you sort a brother out til then?

Cmon boyiez sort it out! :)
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

I'll just get one on the door........I'll be in London anyway
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Are people heading to this before?
We will be having a pre-party at the Griffin pub, Leonard street Shoreditch on Saturday from about 8p.m. any tickets left will be available from the DJs there on the night.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

james wrote:Are people heading to this before?
We will be having a pre-party at the Griffin pub, Leonard street Shoreditch on Saturday from about 8p.m. any tickets left will be available from the DJs there on the night.
Probably not. The pub seemed alright but their are better places to go. It is down the road from the Dragon bar which is quite lush indeed. Basically the Griffin didn't exactly seem inviting last time but if you wanted to pop in to pick up a ticket we could go in for one. :)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

If they'll definitely be on the door, I don't mind going somewhere else.
mute

Post by mute »

This was the best night for music I have been to in months! It was absolutely awesome fun! Not only did 808 have all their old hardware out but they also had a tenori-on which was wicked to see as it only came out afew days ago!

Weatherall DJ set was the best I've ever seen! Killer night! Just about recovered from it! :D
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

mute wrote:This was the best night for music I have been to in months! It was absolutely awesome fun! Not only did 808 have all their old hardware out but they also had a tenori-on which was wicked to see as it only came out afew days ago!

Weatherall DJ set was the best I've ever seen! Killer night! Just about recovered from it! :D
What he said!

Weatherall blew my mind and Can't forget Simian he rocked the joint with his part Vinyl part laptop set. The new stuff was wicked!

Next Wang is new year. I think it will have to be done! Oh and the changes to the club to help a bit of air circulate made a big difference.

James and Mike you should be ashamed of yourselves! Have a slap from me for not coming along!

;)
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

you will fry!