Data-Trace 004: DEAD SOUND - BAD THOUGHTS EP

Say what you will.

Moderators: james, DannyBee, tom p

glover

Data-Trace 004: DEAD SOUND - BAD THOUGHTS EP

Post by glover »

'Full support from me. These tracks have featured regularly in my DJ sets' - Surgeon

Welcome to the 4th release from the Data-Trace stable. In a shift away from our previous releases where each EP has featured a collection of artists, we decided it was time for a change and the chance for the gang to express themselves properly. Thus we arrive at the label's first full-length artist EP by way of Paul 'Dead Sound' Carroll.

Tracks can be listened to HERE

And is available at Juno Download HERE
and i-o.inc.com HERE

1)Anima
2)Shuffle
3)Dead Slater
4)Abstrakt
5)Bad Thoughts

The EP showcases a range of influences and abilities. 'SHUFFLE' and 'ANIMA' offer up large slabs stripped-down, cold electro, sparse melodies and riffs carried underneath by torrents of heavy bass.

'DEAD SLATER' meanwhile, is a real brute of a track. Foreboding pads marry sharp, old skool breakbeats with tough kick drums making this ideal material for any IDM fans around.

If you like your breaks glitched up and with a real dark edge then look no further than 'ABSTRAKT'. Homing in around the 120bpm mark and sounding not a million miles away from the likes Cursor Minor, this is seriously heavy stuff..

Last but by no means least, the title track 'BAD THOUGHTS' has proven to always cause an uproar whenever played. Jumping between breakbeat and dubstep with a gargantuan bassline in tow, this is perfect for any peak time action for dubstep, breaks and jungle fans alike.

Look out for more stuff from Dead Sound including forthcoming material on Combat Recordings under his DVF guise as well as other material and live projects under the moniker Digital Filth.