Miscellaneous

Say what you will.

Moderators: james, DannyBee, tom p

MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Miscellaneous

Post by MikeTheBarber »

I thought I might as well start a thread for everyone to stick the little random bits and bobs in rather than making a new thread everytime

I'll start it off with this which I found quite amusing.......I don't how much you guys have heard of the story, but the media in London has been going mad over it.....The evening standard done a 4 page spread about it?!

ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

Isnt this a fine example of natural selection. The Bottle-nosed whales will now evolve into a much stronger race, now they are not being held back by this twat of a fish.
you will fry!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Haha yes, that story is so washed up. (eep)

I found it amazing how the news reports said that it captured the heart of the world. Anyway, the funny round off to the story is that the people trying to rescue it were issued with £300 parking tickets.
Rescue charity workers notched up £300 worth of parking fines as they battled in vain to save a whale found swimming up the River Thames.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4638790.stm

Who won't those parking attendants tag?
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

james wrote: Anyway, the funny round off to the story is that the people trying to rescue it were issued with £300 parking tickets.

Good, it can go towards the £100,000 they spent on it!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I didn't know parking attendants were such lovers of nature!
jonny jj winter

Post by jonny jj winter »

the 'rescuers' are trying to raise the cash back that they spent/wasted
by selling 'the' red watering can they used to keep the beast moist on Ebay... it was running at £120 000 a couple of days ago.
willy the piss

Post by willy the piss »

imagine explosives stuffed in a whale under waterloo bridge. you know what people are like 'oh its only another 100-miles-misguided whale' no one would bat an eyelid 2nd time round. tear-a-wrists take note

i hear it was heading to waterloo to find out it's weight... (no no no will don't go there)
maybe the sunken ship is the treasure
Boris Yeltsin's Dad, Greg

Post by Boris Yeltsin's Dad, Greg »

have you been watching the old 1960s batman tv series? because i seem to remember exploding sharks play quite a large part in that. the joker (or was it the riddler?) liked to catapult them at batman. lets hope that potential terrorists aren't watching old batman shows for tips. or we could quite easily be faced quite soon with an influx of dehydrated pirates being smuggled into the country and then rehydrated, as i remember that was one of the penguin's favourite tactics. i'm worried now

willy the piss wrote:imagine explosives stuffed in a whale under waterloo bridge. you know what people are like 'oh its only another 100-miles-misguided whale' no one would bat an eyelid 2nd time round. tear-a-wrists take note

i hear it was heading to waterloo to find out it's weight... (no no no will don't go there)
No, nott particularly, but if you write it carefully I'll get someone to consider it...
Yes thats right, on the rectangular one....
Yes, I know, but why is that so?...
OK, I'll have a word....

have you been watching the old 1960s batman tv series? because i seem to remember exploding sharks play quite a large part in that. the joker (or was it the riddler?) liked to catapult them at batman. lets hope that potential terrorists aren't watching old batman shows for tips. or we could quite easily be faced quite soon with an influx of dehydrated pirates being smuggled into the country and then rehydrated, as i remember that was one of the penguin's favourite tactics. i'm worried now

[quote="willy the piss"]imagine explosives stuffed in a whale under waterloo bridge. you know what people are like 'oh its only another 100-miles-misguided whale' no one would bat an eyelid 2nd time round. tear-a-wrists take note

i hear it was heading to waterloo to find out it's weight... (no no no will don't go there)[/quohttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/pizzabouy/1138120352_f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/ ... 52_f.jpgte]
No, nott particularly, but if you write it carefully I'll get someone to consider it...
OK, I'll have a word....

[quote="willy the piss"]imagine explosives stuffed in a whale under waterloo bridge. you know what people are like 'oh its only another 100-miles-misguided whale' no one would bat an eyelid 2nd time round. tear-a-wrists take note

i hear it was heading to waterloo to find out it's weight... (no no no will don't go there)[/quohttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/pizzabouy/1138120352_f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/ ... 52_f.jpgte]
OK, I'll have a word....
willy the piss

Post by willy the piss »

shiver me timbers, lets hope the penguin doesn't point his ray at any world leaders...
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

He's no Spiderman.
Hurts my back looking at it.

http://www.flurl.com/uploaded/dumbass_p ... 85429.html
willy the piss

Post by willy the piss »

that looks staged... maybe his web shooters ran out
ouch
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

something i found quite an interesting read with some good pics.....

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddo ... pter2.html

I never really knew much about the subject but I cant belive they just 'buried' 95% of the radiation on site, but i guess thats was the best idea if it measures 300,000 times the normal ammount of radiation in the area around it, and thats not even anywhere close to ground zero, and only with 5% ever escaping.

if these facts are true and the 'sarcophagus' of the reactor will remain radioactiove for around 100,000 years............thats fucking nuts.....Authorties would have a contstant battle to keep it safe and secure..............but im also thinking if there was a war in that area..(proablly will be in the next 100,000 years).............if someone dropped a nuke on that place europe would be fucked!

^^^ dark!

"Farmers in some polluted villages report of calves being born with four horns, of piglets with eyes the size of watermelons."

Look how much Belarus has been fucked up and it wasn't even anything to do with them :( [/list]
Kenny
Site Admin

Post by Kenny »

If someone dropped a nuke anywhere it would be pretty fucked boyo.

Its a good job the new generation of nuclear fission is far far safer. Look up pebble bed reactors, chain reactions are near enough impossible with them.

Thats not even mentioning that if/when we ever crack fusion we'll have a pretty much limitless source of energy.